Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

From Leslie Y.


Livi with some of her best friends, including Eden and Aksel who's mommy wrote this tribute.


Since the day Livi died I have tried to think of how I would remember her short life. How would I keep her memory alive to my children? I thought of times in the pool, lunches out, play dates at the park, stroller rides through the mall and my children who just couldn't seem to keep their hands off of her. And, as I recall these memories of Livi I guess I try to put myself in her shoes. What did she experience in her short little life?

That is when the tears start. She went through more than most adults do in a lifetime. She was a fighter. She was tough. And most of all...she was LOVED! The very thing that most adults long for, search for and work toward in their allotted 70+ years; Livi experienced lavishly in her brief two. Emily, your child knew without one shadow of a doubt that you loved her. She was covered by you 24 hours a day. She was never lonely. She was always cared for excellently. James you could tell that she was the apple of your eye by the way you lit up when you looked at her. And, even after long hard days at work, you went to her without complaint. And, she was lavished with love by grandparents that all but dropped their lives to be by her side throughout those tumultuous 4 1/2 months. And, friends.....she had walls of pictures and drawings and posters to remind her that she was never far from the hearts, minds and prayers of hundreds. Livi was LOVED.

So, that is my tribute, memorial; a recognition of the grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who gave so many the ability to love so much and a little girl who was able to experience it all in only 2 years.

Love, Les

9 Comments:

Blogger Julie Garner said...

So perfectly said, Leslie!

And I adore that picture of those sweet kids.

Love you, James & Emily
Julie

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes leslie! little livi was SO loved. emily & james, you guys lived out such deep & sacrificial LOVE to your beautiful girl. surely she knew and was comforted by that. xoxo

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I have said so far that every post has been very touching, and I will probably continue to say that. Tears filled my eyes when I read that. Your sweet livi had tons of friends, and she was only two. It just proves how many people loved her and how she touched their lives. Great thoughts Les! Praying for you guys.

love ya,
Moriah

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so obvious how much Alivia was loved. What a testimony to her family. Still praying as you miss her so very much! -Sue F.

10:31 PM  
Blogger Vicki said...

Thank you Leslie for writing such a beautiful post/tribute. Livi really did experience a lifetime of love... that is why it seemed every picture that was posted of her, even when she was going through such awful stuff... she was smiling... she had live entertainment in her room at all times and so much love... Praying for you all.
Vicki G.

11:26 PM  
Blogger NETS said...

I have been reading these posts over the last few days, and I am always brought to tears. I cry because my heart aches for you and James, but I also cry because I am so deeply touched. It is amazing how something so sad and tragic can make people realize how many loving and faithful people there are in this world. Alivia's life touched thousands of peoples' souls...she truly was, and is, an angel among us.
Always Praying,
Neysa

12:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Leslie.....you are a dear woman! It is good to cry with friends.........better than the crying alone, I suppose. Livi is loved by so many people. Love, Gigi
P.S. Thanks for all the support during the days after, you were a godsend.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Mona said...

I've been reading these last few entries and I love hearing about Livi. I only met her once, but I feel like I actually knew her. She was truly blessed to have such wonderful parents and friends! Praying for you always.

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL! A wonderful tribute to Alivia (whom I never met). God bless!

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home