Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

From Lyndon and Jamie


We remember the news when James and Emily announced in care group that Emily was pregnant. Over time Emily shared that she was having a baby girl. From the moment that I met Emily she talked honorably about being a mother and how excited she was to have a baby girl. I admired her strong desire to be a mother. Alivia was the first child that Lyndon could visibly see her hand or a small foot move across Emily’s stomach. One Saturday afternoon James was driving Emily around as she started to have contractions and stopped over our house on Front Street. We were excited to meet this girl who they had been waiting for. I remember it being shared at church that Alivia Rachel Haughery was born. After church we rushed over to the hospital to meet this little Alivia. I remember the smile on James’s face as he showed us Alivia. I remember holding Alivia soon after they arrived home and being amazed at her hands and tiny fingers. I remember her learning to hold onto furniture to move about the room. I remember how she listened to signing times during some dinners. We remember the times trying to hold Alivia, however she clung tightly to her parents. We remember going for walks with her and James and Emily at Long’s Park to feed the ducks. I remember going to market with Alivia and she ate the red Italian ice which turned into red lipstick for the rest of the morning. I remember how cute Alivia was when she would point at things and make you look at what she saw, it could be anything. I remember when she started to stand by herself with Emily close by during one summer party. She looked around to see if anyone was watching her. I was watching her. She was smiling and watching others watch her and was seemingly so proud. I remember going on walks down the halls at Hershey with Gigi and Emily. Alivia enjoyed going for a ride in her car. We remember how strong and brave Alivia was in the hospital stays, doctor visits, and through the transplant. We will treasure the memories that we have with Alivia. We will remember them. James and Emily you two have been parents who have laid down your lives to serve, care, and unconditionally love Alivia without reservations. This example has impacted our lives in ways your may never know. Alivia was privilege to have you two as her parents. We love you guys and miss Alivia. Love- Lyndon and Jamie

5 Comments:

Blogger momofcolin_chloe said...

Thanks, Lyndon and Jamie for sharing your sweet Livi memories! So precious. As is that picture, Emily!!! Thank you so much for posting it! She is so beautiful and so missed. I am so sad that I don't have any personal memories of sweet Livi but am so, so thankful for those memories being shared by those closest to you.

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great picture. adorable. Still praying for you. Thanks again for the wonderful tributes. -Sue F.

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute pic! Just another great way to remember that precious livi!

love,
Moriah

7:58 PM  
Blogger Parmer Clan said...

What a great tribute..as they all have been..and how precious this picture. What a loved little girl...who taught us all how to love.
Gabe wears his Baby Livi bracelet everyday...carefully taking it off at dinner to keep it safe.
I can't imagine the children who knew her better how they must feel. He is sad for her loss and only knew her thru us praying for her.

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous picture!! Thank you for letting me get to "know" her more through these stories. She will always hold a special place in my heart.
Vicki Moore

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home