Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

From Melissa


"When I first started working with Dr. Powell, I couldn't wait to get to know Alivia Haughery because I had heard so many wonderful things about her, and her family! I loved waiting on Thursdays for Livi to come into clinic, followed by her faithful family! She was always dressed so beautifully in her dresses, and her smiling face lit up the entire room! Livi always had stickers with her, and made her little stop at the toy chest after her port was accessed! No matter what Livi had to have done, she was always this bright, beautiful, blond baby girl whose smile made my day! Livi and her family were one of the most amazing families I have ever been lucky enough to care for. Emily's stories about Livi's new adventures were always fun to hear about, and I loved seeing the pictures of Livi during transplant that Emily had captured on camera! Most of all, I enjoyed getting to know Livi and her family. They were an inspiration to me as a caregiver, and my life is richer because of knowing Livi and her family." Love, Nurse Melissa Roslevege

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to comment. The love, dedication and faith of this family echos out onto others. The warmth can still be felt here in room 7260. As Jed and I sit here waiting for his chemo to start I am struck by how lucky we were to have met all of you. Our brief memories of Livi with her "friends" in the wagon will always be with us. Thank you for the uplifting and loving feeling you all brought to 7 west. It feels empty here without all of you and being in your room is uncomfortable and a comfort at the same time. When I told Jed that Livi was gone he cried but his words were wise, he said " now she's not sick anymore and she can play." So simple but so true. He also asked if she was an only child when I told him yes he said, "oh, her poor mom". How can they be so wise so young? Please know you will all be in our thoughts and prayers.
Kristin and Jed
GiGi I will miss you in the laundry room.

6:27 PM  
Blogger momofcolin_chloe said...

I am so thankful for the love that surrounded and continues to surround all of you. I am also in awe at not only the stories of Livi's life but also at the way you all handled her trial. Emily and James, I think of you constantly. I hope that the days are getting easier for you both. Still praying.

Christi

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And your testimony continues to shine. Thank you for serving Him in all you do. I am sure there are times you are weary. Thanks so much for sharing these tributes. I continue to pray. -Sue F.

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What joy Livi brought to our families when she came into this world. She was just the best gift any of us could have wished for. Who could ever have imagined the many lives she would touch in her too short time here. Livi, we loved you with all our being. You had the best Momma and Da and you were so loved by every family member. We were the Livi train, the little princess' entourage. Our love continues. Marmie

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home