Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Friday, August 17, 2007

From April S.


Alivia and her two best friend Samual and Grace who's Mommy wrote this tribute.

Sweet Alivia,
I remember the day you were born so clearly. I couldn't wait to get to the hospital to see you. You were a miracle. You were so round and so cute right from the start. Your Dad was holding you so proudly. You had an opinon right from the beginning....there was no way you were taking that pacifier!
My memories of you are of busy days together whether it was going for long walks, shopping,swimming or playing together at home. You loved to be out and about. You always had an attention to detail in your play. Whether it was how the ponies' hair was brushed or seperating all of the pretend food into piles. I remember being amazed at how you could pick up the tiniest object with that amazing pincer grasp you had so early. You always seemed older than you actually were. Especially when you would babble these long sentences moving your head and hands to emphasis your point. So cute.
I will treasure those times...those memories of a simple day playing together. You will always be the bravest and stongest girl that I know. To be able to endure so much and be so happy still amazes me. I still can't wrap my mind around that you are gone forever. Samuel and Grace can't either. They miss their playmate...their friend.
You will always hold a special place in all of our hearts.
We love you,
April

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet post...it is so hard to explain to the little ones when their little friend dies. I had a hard enough time explaining Alivia's passing to my kids after they looked at Livi's pictures so frequently this last year on the computer...so, I can imagine how it felt for all your dear friends to explain to Livi's little friends that she had gone home to be with Jesus. Even though it is hard to explain, children seem to be more resilient than we can ever be and heaven isn't all that far from their understanding.

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

April & Emily,
Thanks for sharing this tribute & cute picture with everyone. The kids have been praying for Livi's mommy & daddy everyday. After seeing Samuel & Grace's picture with Livi they started to pray for Samuel & Grace's " sad hearts" too!
Love & Prayers,
brandi & family

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never thought I would sign a post without my name (after all the requests you have made for non-bloggers to sign their names), but I did today and almost didn't catch it. The first post is above is mine......

Caroline:-)

5:03 PM  
Blogger Julie Garner said...

Alivia looks so, so pretty in this picture.

So hard to lose a friend...no matter what age you are. :(

Much love to you,
Julie

8:16 PM  
Blogger Parmer Clan said...

We talked today about the kids missing Livi, and Brooklyn made a card for her. She asked me to send it to heaven. I have quite a collection of pictures for Livi. Thanks for sharing this, April.

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Emily for sharing all of the pics and the posts that you are sharing with us. this post was adorable : )

rachael

12:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying also for Sammuel and Grace as they try to understand. -Sue F.

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love reading.these blogs...they bring back the good memories......and I can imagine our Livi once again. Gigi

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another wonderful post. I can't believe livi lou is gone forever too. I will pray for samuel and grace..I am sure it's hard to understand that you friend is gone when you are that young. I am praying for you guys Emily and James. I love you livi.

love,
Moriah

11:43 AM  
Blogger sweetly broken said...

April,
Perfect words for the simplest of moments...never imagining how profound they would become. If all we moms would remember to be intimately involved with our kids playtime over the household "responsibilities." We can never recapture those precious moments and days. This is what has challenged me most about Livi and Emily's love for her. Treasuring each step with our children. Thanks April and Thank you, Emily, for your mother's love. Love, Kristin

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

such wonderful tributes to Livi I love all the cute pictures and I continue to hold you all in my thoughts and prayers
Becca

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing these with us, Emily.

With love,
Amy

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just back on here to see if you have wrapped up the tributes yet or if there was anything new. I want to specifically thank each person for their wonderful contributions to these tributes since I live so far away and wasn't part of the funeral and memorial services for Alivia. I will be sure to come back on later to share what I found so special about each and every tribute (that I haven't already shared in the last week).

I am thinking of you and James this morning, Emily, and hoping that things are as okay as they can be right now. I know there were moments when sharing all of this last week may not have been easy, but it is grately appreciated. I hope you were able to enjoy each other's company this past weekend.

Love,

Caroline

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to see some pictures of Livi when she was real little-- and her newborn photo!

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home