Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Monday, September 03, 2007

From Beth


I wish I had more words, better words... for Alivia. I don't think there are enough
words in existence to pay proper tribute to the cutest, sweetest, best baby girl.


Livi was the most beautiful, incredible person I have ever met. Alivia was always
full of joy that she never kept to herself but happily shared with her family and
close friends who she loved and who deeply loved her back. It was impossible
not to laugh when Livi laughed... not to smile and sense such joy when I was so
blessed to spend time with her.


I love how she lit up when someone came into the room -
Emily, James, Pa or Gigi... her blue blue eyes sparkled and she
smiled and got so excited. It's not a surprise...Emily and James - you
are incredible. I respect you and love you so very much.


Livi was particular about who she let close to her. When I went to visit James,
Emily and Alivia last summer she let me hang out, but not hold
her or pick her up... those privileges were for Momma, Da, Pa and Gigi. It was
near the Fourth of July, and I was getting ready to leave the next day to go back
home. The night before I left, we went to see fireworks. We got there early and set up
some chairs and blankets to get the best view. Livi was wearing the cutest outfit
(as always) with a little pink sweatshirt to keep warm. She was doing so well that
I decided to try and see one more time if maybe she'd let me hold her. I understood
why if she didn't, but hoped maybe she would be comfortable enough by that time...
Emily was close by and I picked sweet little Alivia up and held her. She let me hold her.
She played with the little sparkles that were sewn on the shoulder of my tshirt. Her little
fingers examining the tiny circles. My heart filled with such a sense of love. As if I
didn't already completely love her - somehow my love for Alivia just kept growing.
It never stopped. It never will.


Love you forever, Livi. Fairy god-mother, Beth

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you on this "holiday" without Alivia. -Sue F.

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Beth..............I could hear your voice speaking the entire time I was reading. Thanks for sharing from your heart about dear Livi. Gigi

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sweet beth. It is great to see how she touched your life and how much you loved her. Thanks for sharing. Praying for you Emily and James.

love,
Moriah

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, Beth!
So very sweet! I loved how you would sign many of your posts with "fairy god-mother".
And today you have a new title:
It's Aunt Beth!

Still praying for the Haugherys and Allens.

Mary Ann K.

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home