Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Scary Memory

Okay so this isn't an all scary memory...but when she was first born she had really high thyroid levels. So we had to have them re-tested because there is often a spike after the birth but then things return to normal. The re-test was no fun at all. They had to prick her little foot. Thankfully my mom was there so I went out in the hall cause I couldn't stand the screaming. So we expected things to be normal after that.. but they weren't so our doctor ordered a full panel which ment more blood work and a trip to an endocrinologist at CHOP (Children's Hospital of Philly). So I was expecting a foot prick but it was a little IV in the arm and 5 baby vials of blood....lots of tears in that room (including the nurse).

The next day (or maybe 2 days later) we drove the Philly early in the morning to meet the dr. I was very scared because a high thyroid level can mean mental retardation and other scary stuff that I didn't want to think about. The doctor came in and right away said this is going to be a good visit. Livi has a high thyroid level but also a high binding protien. As far as I understand as long as both are high its okay its if you have an excess of one. I was just so thankful that nothing major was wrong. I got a quick lesson in being a mom that week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home