Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Love Fest 2006

My brothers love to have fests...eat fest, sleep fest etc...I have received so much love that I would like to dedicate a blog to giving some back.

I love James. I love that he works so hard and still comes home excited to see us. I love that he is kind and sensitive but strong and protective.

I love Alivia. I love that she makes me laugh, that her kisses get my face all wet, that she furrows her brow and looks at me then laughs, that her face lights up with I come into view and that she has retained all of her joy after being through so much.

I love my parents. My mom because she is so much like me, because she's crazy (in a really good way), because she rearranges me house, because she cares so deeply for Alivia, James and I. My dad because he thinks of all the questions I don't come up with, he makes me laugh, because he loves my mom so passionately and still lets me borrow her for weeks at a time.

I love my brothers (real and in-law). Andrew and Aaron for the Super Tramp CD, the chic-fil-a cow, the top 10 funniest people list that Alivia made, for loving my girl so much, and for putting up with a crazy big sister for so long. Matt (and Viv cause they are a package deal now) for caring for Alivia. John for his thoughtfulness (he comes to my house and sees things that need to be done and does them without a second thought). Chris for mowing our grass (so helpful) and having a great beard that makes me laugh sometimes. William for being William (if you've meet him you understand) for all the deep talks and the silly talks. You are all her favorite uncles (although the race continues)

I love my in-laws. Bill and Cynthia for helping out so much, cleaning our house, doing James' laundry when we were in the hospital, and being there at the hospital each day that first week.

I love my extended family. Marmie, Lisa, The Mike's, the Pete's, Rob- you all have made me smile during this crazy time and reminded me why I will always be an Allen at heart.

I love Rachel. She is the friend I have had the longest so she's seen the most of me. From the horrible 16 yr old she didn't like in English class to the Maid of honor at my wedding. I gave Alivia Rachel her name for a reason. She is amazing.

I love April. We have been through the hardest situations two friends could ever go through together and we haven't even been friends that long (3 years). We have cried and laughed together more times that I can remember and she makes my life in Lancaster so much better. Without her friendship...Don't even want to think what I would do. (I love her twins too!)

I love Leslie Ann Yoder..For some reason I love to say her whole name too. She can make me laugh at the craziness. Always could. She was my very first friend in Lancaster and has proven herself one of the truest. (her fam kids and hubby also make me laugh on a regular basis!)

I love Jamie. She has helped organize my life when I can't even think.

I love Tina, Ang and Kathy for treating me the same as before this began. For calling to check up but not pushing for news. For just being great fun.

I love Beth A. for being the best little sister I never had but always wanted. I have watched you grow up (I babysat you!) and now you are one of my girlfriends. I love that you are Livi's fairy godmother.

I love our MD. friends. They all make my life more fun. You call my hubby and see how he's holding up and you've either come to visit or offered to and that means the world. I laugh with you guys harder than with anyone. Usually to the point of tears!

I love Bri. She is actually understand what it feels like to have a sick child and she has given me such good advice how to deal.

I love all of you for praying and for posting (nice to know who's reading along. I would love to have everyone who reads just post their name so I could see how many people are reading this).

Thanks everyone.

36 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great "love fest!"
I'm sure God is well pleased w/your thankful heart.
Maryann Plesnicher

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol Joy Miranda =)
Nice to see you at church even if it was but a split second.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Briana Almengor said...

I love that you love me, my friend! You are like a sister to me. I'm still checking several times a day but just don't always have a sec. to post. I hope to either send another email or actually give you a call soon.

Love you much and still praying, crying, hoping and rejoicing in God's faithfulness and mercy to you and Livi and James.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I'm reading your blog in Knoxville, TN.

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily-
I am still checking your blog everyday! Thanks for being so faithful to post, even when things are going "normally". That must be such a blessing. I am still praying for you and your family. I'm sorry I missed seeing you at church. I was out of town for a wedding. I'm sure it was a wonderful time of fellowship and worship for you and James.
I will continue to pray for little Alivia. I will pray for comfort from gas pains, I will pray for low white blood cell counts, I will pray for continued comfort and peace for your little girl. Thanks again for keeping us all up to date with this blog. It has been an amazing blessing for many!
Love,
Laura Carroll

4:37 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

Emily,
We've still been staying updated through your blog so we know how to best pray for you guys. So glad to hear that you've been able to have some "normal" days back home as a family!
Love,
The Herr's - Sarah (for Brian and the kiddos too!)

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks again for keeping those of us who may be on the fringe informed. It has been a blessing to help support you and your family in prayer these past few days. Continue to rest in God and stay the course by his strength.
Stephen

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily - Just want you to know you are all still in our prayers and yes, I still read your updates...folks at Living Hope know about Alivia, even though we have not met her! I know her one set of grandparents quite well, so I feel like I know her as well! I have cried, laughed and prayed as I have read through your journals....may God continue to pour out much grace as each day brings new mercies your way. And don't doubt for a minute that YOU are the perfect mommy for that little girl and that God will supply your every need....praying for restful nights, peace that passes all understanding, strength to endure the trials that face you, and rock solid faith in our Mighty God, who upholds you and won't let you go.

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Emily

I want you to know that Alivia , James and you are in our prayers daily. To show how widespread the prayers have gotten; one of our Pastors asked Joanne how Alivia was doing. It was our Small Groups Pastor and he was responding to our churches prayer chain. He was also following your blog.We'll be praying for a peaceful and successful trip to the hospital this week.

Love
Uncle Mike

5:58 PM  
Blogger Karen Hevesy said...

Still reading your blog and praying every day at Chesapeake Community Church in Maryland.

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you too! Loved the card by the way! And, why couldn't you read it to Livi...I totally read it to Eden. Just a joke.
Sorry about Tue. Call me!

Love, Les

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heya! Love the "Love Fest 2006" blog! you (James and Livi) are in my thoughts and prayers. I find my self on this site every day, thank for keeping us all "up-dated"

Love ya,
Christi Lynne

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still reading and praying and reading and praying....Glad you are having some peaceful and happy times despite the scary backdrop. Blessings, blessings, blessings -
Cathy S.

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

emily,
God has placed your wonderful Alivia is in the center of my prayers. I just bet that she has some of that Strawberry Shortcake look and personality you had as a little one. It builds my faith that you and James remain faithful and have chosen to seek the Lord's comfort and wisdom. I will remain faithful in prayers for alivia's healing. with love, marie trunzo watters

9:14 PM  
Blogger Vicki said...

Hi Emily. I read your blog daily. I especially loved this entry when you talked about your mom rearranging your house. I thought only my mom did that! Every time my mom comes I find things she has moved around. Many times she will wait until I leave the room, and I feel like it is a game to figure out what is different. You, James and especially Alivia are in my prayers. Your blog is visited by more people than you will ever know. Prayers are going before the throne on your behalf constantly. He is in control. Keep on trusing Him.
Love,
Vicki Gold

9:31 PM  
Blogger beth said...

this is the best kind of fest (even tho those meat fests our brothers have are pretty cool too)

i love you so so so much.

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great entry! wish i could've seen you at church. (i was at home letting owen sleep and prepping for a big "lapp family day" at our house with D's immediates) i think you're inspiring me to have a love fest! great idea...spurs me on to thankfulness. kiss the Livi for me. love you too emily, -t

12:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! great "Love Fest 2006" post! i have been reading your blog ever since my sis told me about it! Thank you for updating everyone on how life is going for you and your family! Your family is in my thoughts and prayers every day!

Much love,
Moriah Freeman

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How good God is to give you so many people to love! We love you too.
love, Matt, Viv, Nicholas & Hannah

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How good God is to give you so many people to love! We love you too.
love, Matt, Viv, Nicholas & Hannah

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How good God is to give you so many people to love! We love you too.
love, Matt, Viv, Nicholas & Hannah

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about the repeated comments above. I'm still trying to work out the bugs with our new DSL service. :)
love, Viv

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning Emily,

I loved your "love fest"! It gave me a greater idea of what your world looks like, and how each of these persons are important to you -- thanks for continuing to be transparent in all seasons of your life!

In response to your request, I read your blog daily (Monday through Friday; Lane and I don't have Internet at home), then I pass on the information or just funny things you post to Lane.

I continue to carry your family in my heart and prayers.

Much care,
Lori Randolph

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Emily,
I am still checking everyday and praying. People at West Point ask me how Alivia is. (Even people who aren't praying ask me.) Aunt Cheryl

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Chase family reads!

Sometimes we even post.

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still reading almost every day and updating my hubby in Indiana PA. Praying for you all!

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,
I found your blog through Briana's and my family and I have been praying for Alivia every day. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to pray.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Emily, I read your blog everyday so I can keep up to date w/praying. Everytime I read I marvel at your openness & honesty about your struggles &weaknesses. It is such a huge example to me. Press into the Lord. Sara Rankin

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Emily~
I check the blog daily to see how your doing and how life is treating you. I have been enjoying the laughs and tears. I think the best part of this blog is your ability to express just where you are at the moment. Thanks for being so honest!

I passed your site on to a friend from soccer and she is addicted too. Tonight at soccer practice with Chadwick, she was asking questions about who you are. She has enjoyed your transparency too.

Thanks for your faithfulness in keeping us updated in all areas. If you get bored at home and want a change of scenery stop over anytime.

Love and Prayers to you all,
Lynn

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Emily, James and Alivia.

We just love your blog and find it so much easier to know what is going on with Alivia and you all, than to be down here in Alabama totally in the dark. You write a most interesting story-line, Emily, and we appreciate you doing this for your family and friends. Actually I just found out how to respond. My daughter-in-law (Stephany, married to son Eric) told me about the comments site. I am really green when it comes to new things on the computer. Our prayers continue to Alivia and you all. Aunt Barbara

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily, I think I blogged back earlier, but now I don't see it. Hmmm, it only took months for me to learn to get on...I am no techie. See you tomorrow....I cannot wait. MOM

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Emily and James! I check your blog everyday to see how you all are doing and for specific ways that I can be praying for you. Your strength and joy shine through even through the most difficult circumstances.

Krista Herman

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,
Just to let you know I've been reading, crying, and praying for you all. May the Lord hold you close in His arms and may you see Him more clearly and know His great love even more dearly!
Dawn Mellinger

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,

I read your blog everyday. I so appreciate your humility and I am amazed.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Cor 12:9

May the power of Christ continue to rest upon you and your family.

Love,
Tonya

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are all here for you. Thank you for keeping us posted. You're family is in our thoughts and prayers.

Mike and Leigh Dowgiewicz

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily ,James & Alivia,
You are fortunate to have such a wonderful support grout around you right now. This is one of those times when our faith and trust in God is tested, but then made stronger. Please know our thoughts and prayers are with you all and your families. We will be happy to pray for a parasite! Try to keep your parents out of trouble. Garage sales and flea markets are good distractions for them, especially now. Thinking of you! The Antis'
P.S.Enjoyed the web site. She is the cutest girl around!

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home