Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Can we handle more?

In case there wasn't enough going on my dad is having some skin cancer removed from his head today. This is the second time he has had this done and it is not much fun (obviously). People say that God wont' give you more than you can handle..but I don't think thats true (no need to set me straight on this one). Instead I think he gives you things you can't handle then gives you faith, strength, grace...whatever you need...way above and beyond what you could ever have. No way can we "handle" all of the things going on in our lives right now. But thankfully we have God to carry us through this. It is still ridiculously hard and I still have major moments of doubt, unbelief, mistrust and grumbling but its good to know I have a Savior I can fall back on.

Please pray for my dad today. I know this isn't an easy thing for him (or the rest of the family). Pray they get all the cancer cells out and that they dont' find any new spots. Thanks.

Thanks to Cheryl Angel and her K-5 Sunday school class for all the cute cards to Livi. (Parker Scherf, Abe Botsford, Dominick, Trevor Walls (Thanks for the advice but sugar tastes so good Trevor!), Eden McCracken, Brielle King, Myra Nicoll, Alayna Schoenfelt, and the rest of the class who's names weren't on their beautiful drawings)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for PapPap right now. I think that you said something very profound! We can't handle a lot of what life throws at us, but thankfully we have a Savior with a limitless supply of grace and mercy to carry us through. Praying that you will never imagine your supply low!
Hope all went well today!
Love, Les

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am still reading and praying for you guys daily. I will certainly pray for your dad now too. I think you are right on with what you said in this entry and I was so blessed and encouraged by your words, especially given all you and your family are going through right now. Thanks again for keeping us all updated.
Blessings,
Laura Carroll

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily, I have it on good authority that the correct interpretation of that scripture (from two pastor's wives' whom I love and respect) that God gives us way more than we can handle...and we are living proof. Though, I know we have so much to be thankful for...and he also gives us peace in spite of numbers that aren't what we want. Oh, I love you all, MOM
P.S. I am not setting you straight...as if you I could set anyone straight!!!!!

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very well said.
Margot

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I happen to work in your Dad's Derm office. He was talking about your beautiful daugher, my heart and prayers to you and yours. And dad did great should be no problems for him this visit.
bh

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home