Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Friday, June 30, 2006

fireworks

Is it strange that I felt like the fireworks tonight were for us? I sort of felt like we're celebrating yesterdays news all day. Last night we actually got sleep. Alivia was so relieved to be able to sleep on her tummy that she feel into a deep sleep and only got up at 12 and then at 6 and went back to sleep till 8:30. She woke up with a smile. We got to go to Old Navy, Barnes & Noble and lunch with April and the twins (oh does Alivia love those kids!). And then Beth Altrogge and Maureen Bourke came to visit..such fun. And we did some grocery shopping for our picnic and then tonight we walked to the park and then went to fireworks in the city with the Spinetti's, Yoder's, Maureen, Beth and Livi's Uncle Will. Just normal things that are way to much fun when you have good news and sleep.

We had a great day and this weekend should be fun. My parents arrive tomorrow and that will be fun too. I'll try to write this weekend but may be really busy. happy 4th of July. I'll try to get a good picture of Alivia with her 4th of July outfit on to share.

pray for...
...continued return of appetite
...bathroom issues...she is going too much and it is not the right consistency... probably enough said about that. If it doens't get better we may get to go back to the hospital before next Thursday

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was fun to be normal with you! Glad we got to see you before we take off! Livi looks great! You guys missed a kickin' finale! Oh, well, got to take care of the little one!!! Next year! Aks was just mesmerized, not scared or happy. Just kept looking for more when they were done!
Have a great weekend! We are celebrating all this wonderful news too! And, celebrating the goodness of God!
Love, Les

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you guys. Keep on trusting God to heal livi. I am praying for that miracle.

love,
moriah

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am praying for you!

rest in the Lord tonight,
Christi

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Emily!
The secret's out: Yes, the fireworks were just for you!
:-)
I just caught up on your blog from June 21. Oh my! It was like everything happened in fast motion by reading more than a week's worth at once. By doing that, I could really see the ups and downs followed by this "BIG UP" with the great news on the counts! HALLELUIA! God is SO good!
I am just home from a six day hospital stay. Now, listen girl, you have got to get me gallons of that numbing cream!!! My IV failed after two days and it took three tries to get a new one in. Multiple blood draws and not always success on the first try...ick! Well, just glad that God is at work in me and I'm on the mends.
Oh, just one little thing I wanted to tell you about the port. I used to say that mine felt like a roll of quarters taped to my chest. Not unbearable, but annoying and I'm sure annoying for a little one.
Well, have a great Fourth weekend and blast us with pictures!
Still praying!

Mary Ann K.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Julie Garner said...

Hey, Haugherys

We just wanted to tell you it's always great fun to be with you. Thanks for the fun evening on Saturday. I hope your weekend continued to be great with Livi. Can't wait for your next update. Hoping and praying for continued good news!

Dan & Julie

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that you are having such a great weekend. You all deserve the very best.:-)

Love,

Caroline

2:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that you are having such a great weekend. You all deserve the very best.:-)

Love,

Caroline

2:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops!
I let some computer jargon into my last post. At my work, we "blast" (add) software on our computers all the time. That's why you will be "blasting" pictures to us!
:-)
Hope you are still having a great, long weekend!

Mary Ann K.

7:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear emily,

enjoyyourfamilytime . . .
happy 4th of july to you.

love ya - mrs. c

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily...how can I tell how good it is to be with y'all? Livi is precious, you and James are tremendous with her, and your friends are way too much fun? Why does God have us live 3 1/2 hours away...we appreciate each other so much more when we visit. Only answer I can come up with. Keep up the good work with the girl, she loves you two. Can't think of better parents for her. Lots of love, MOM

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home