Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Update

The Echo went well. they had a hard time getting the picture because of all the gauze from the operation but they got a good shot and said function is normal. Thank you GOD!!!

She has been on room air for about 2 hours and is sitting pretty at 97% (before all of this she was at 98-100 so thats almost normal.) That is well within the range that we could go home. just a few more docs talking to docs and residents checking this and that and we will be heading home. They will check pulse oxygen another time or two over the next hour or so and if it remains this good we are going to make like a tree and leave. I am cautiously optimistic.

currently my dad is pushing Livi in her stroller and every once in a while coming over and running into my chair...which is making her laugh out loud. So good to hear that sound! I will update later...hopefully from home...after a nap in MY OWN BED!!!

Thanks to everyone for praying. We could feel how the love and support of all of you and it helped so much over these last few rough days.
Thanks to Kirk, Holly and Ryan for the bag-o-fun. I swear one of these days we will actually have lunch outside of the hospital and it will be so nice...or better yet.. go to a park.

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second that..Thank You God!!
Enjoy Alivia's laughter!
Maryann P.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Emily,

Thanks for the report. Praise God the echo came back good and that Alivia is returning to air room! Praying that the afternoon checks go well and you all are able to return home safely. I haven't checked the weather lately but I hope and pray you're able to drive home safely. Maybe you'll get some sunshine to welcome you guys home!

Much love,

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Aunt Cheryl

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily-
Sooooo thankful that there isn't heart damage!!! Thank you Jesus! & so excited that she's breathing so well. Huge smiles all across my face!

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!!! I will continue to keep praying...Great is His faithfulness:)
Audrey

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, God - Alivia is LAUGHING! This is the first time today I have been able to catch up on your blog. How wonderful that her breathing is returning to normal, that her heart is OK, that you will be able to go home, that you are going to get something that resembles rest. God bless you. We are all still just trying to send you all the love we can.
Cathy S.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Briana Almengor said...

Thank you, Lord.
"He longs to be gracious to you. He rises to show you compassion." Is. 30

Thank you, Lord, for being gracious to our friends. Thank you for rising from your throne to show them compassion. You are so good to us!

Will be praying for the calm after the storm, that no anxieties will haunt you, but only sweet peace from Heaven above to guard your heart and your mind.

Love you much, friend.

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God for answered prayers!

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We've been praying often today and it is so good to hear that things look good at this point. Yay!! - for her breathing and heart and most importantly - laughter! We'll continue to pray for rest for all of you. With love...

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We've been praying often today and it is so good to hear that things look good at this point. Yay!! - for her breathing and heart and most importantly - laughter! We'll continue to pray for rest for all of you. With love...

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, such wonderful news! Again, God's mercy at work! I think I am going to take a nap too!!! I will be able to rest now!!!!
Much love,
Les

I am so happy! Thank you Lord!

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily
What wonderful news. My eyes filled
with tears when I read your update.
God has AGAIN brought you through
some rough days. Thanking God for taking care of everybody and praying
for much rest and sleep.
Carol Landis

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hip hip hooray! kiss the little girl for me. xoxo

3:42 PM  
Blogger beth said...

praise God! He is so good. love you,
beth

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best sight in the world - a smile on Livi's face. Hope you guys are on your way home.

Hugs and smooches and whatnot,

Grande Aunt Lisa

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to talk to you. The happiness in your voice was so wonderful to hear. I am sure that you are relieved! I am so grateful for God's goodness to you. I just cried tears of joy after reading that you were coming home!
Hope you have a restful night and a fun weekend and a fabulous 4th. See you when we get back from the beach!!!
Love, Les

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is great news. I am glad you get to go home. It is always nice to hear babies laugh, escpecially when it your own, I'm sure. I am praying for livi and for you and james. Get some rest tonight.

Lots of love and prayers,
moriah

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

emily-hoping that you are home and will be able to sleep in your bed tonight. i am so thankful that the echo was good and no heart damage! the Lord hears the cries of his people. he continues to intercede for you, james, and alivia, and what kindness that is to intercede. The Lord continues to show how his hand is in this. he does not let go of us! have a wonderful night-love-jamie

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news!

Oh, I love the laughter of a baby in giggle fits!!!

I hope you get some real sleep tonight between your own sheets...

Beth Chase

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home