Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

wonderful

this is going to short and sweet since Livi is asleep and we all know that sleep is like gold in this house..rare and precious.

our doctors visit was short and sweet also. Alivia's WBC count went down to 37.5 and her platelettes came up to 113 (that means her marrow can finally produce some of the cells it hasn't been able to). Her pulse oxygen level was 97% which is an A+. And the greatest treat...we don't have to go back till NEXT Thursday. Thats a whole week. OH JOY JOY JOY!!! Thank you Jesus! All in all a wonderful visit. I almost forgot how tired I am (only got 3 hours last night). They took out the access to the port so there isn't anything outside of her skin. She was so relieved. She usually sleeps on her belly and couldn't because of the access. I went to lay her down for her nap and she hesitated (like it might hurt), realized there wasn't anything on her chest and flopped down with a smile. She fell right to sleep. So good. Of to a nap for me.

Thanks to..
...Cynthia for coming with us and for doing my dishes when we got back! One less thing to think about for me...thanks!
...Geena from my dad's office for the Nemo magnets. They helped distract on Monday when Alivia was hungry and wasn't allowed to eat. She loved them.
...Everyone for praying. It's working. I said "oh the medicine is finally working... then stopped myself and realized..its not the meds its God allowing the meds to work. He is not suprised by them working or was he suprised when they didn't work. He has this whole thing planned down to the last second. Thank you Lord. (even when I'm complaining!)

22 Comments:

Blogger Beth Young said...

Emily, enjoy your week with your baby girl! Do lots of fun things, take pictures and enjoy your time with her! Oh yea, and get LOTS of rest!!! We will continue to pray.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Beth Young said...

I meant for that to be understood that you take pictures for us to see!

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear the good news! God is indeed being faithful to all of our prayers!

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yipee!!!!!!!! Was so glad to get your happy message! that is such wonderful news!!! Glory to God!!! I hope you have a wonderful, restful, fantastic, special, great weekend!
Love, Les

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, happy day!! I hope everyone is having a good long sleep at your house RIGHT NOW!!
Cathy S.

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily- What wonderful news on a thurdsday afternoon!!!!! Thank you Lord for hearing our prayers! emily you are good to recoginze that He is in charge and He is making the meds work! He is increasing your faith! i am so excited about the news! will now pray for rest and strength for you! have a wonderful afternoon-love you-jamie

2:33 PM  
Blogger Pauline said...

Wow, the joy just seemed to leap of the page as you wrote of Alivia visit today. Praise God that all went well! Thank you for updating with the great news. Will continue to pray for a miracle.

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how pressed close to God we have been...it has been so hard. He is so good. Krisit (queen of heaven) told me; ALL of this is his compassion for Livi and US. Can you imagine? I don't know God very well at all...but, oh how I want to know him like that. I have a big stupid grin on my face!!!! I don't know whether to cry or laugh, so will do both. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARMIE!!!!!!!! Gigi
You can come to the wedding and now we will search for a crib in earnest. Oh, thank you Jesus!!!!!!

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise Him - Praise Him. You are in my constant thought and prayers.
Diana Bennett

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweet. what fabulous news!
thankful that His kindness is so evident to you this sunny thursday!
hope you both get a nice long nap :) kb

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,So thankful to hear all the wonderful news...PRAISE HIM!!!!!...Thank you for your example of a woman who trusts in the Lord and desires to glorify Him in ALL things...ALL circumstances...Enjoy your evening with your sweet girl and hubby:)
Audrey

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily, Your mom just stopped into the office for some hugs (as we were in the midst of reading the wonderful news). "I just had to get out and hug someone because no one was home." Praise to our faithful God. He is good.

Kathie K.

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANK YOU GOD! when i read this it put a smile on my face! i am still praying. i pray that you get some sleep. rest in the Lord's arms.


have a wonderful week!
Christi B.

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear emily,

psalm 57 . . .
your steadfast love is great to the heavens,
your faithfulness to the clouds.


another month has come and gone -
i give thanks with you on the
faithfulness of God . . . all the ways He
is providing for you and your family
in this season.

praying for you - love ya bunches.

thinking of you often - mrs. c

8:34 PM  
Blogger beth said...

hey... i'm really happy. our God is so kind. see you in... half a day! :):):)

11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy to hear this news - tears in my eyes.

Mark

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God! So thankful that God has chosen to show His kindness through allowing the meds to work. Still praying and keeping you all in my heart.

Love, Lori

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are happy, happy, happy!!! Hearts overflowing in the Pittsburgh area. And so thankful. See ya next week.

Love, Grande Aunt Lisa

ps. oh yeah, somehow Becca and Tim beat Marmie, Maria and I in Scrabble. Their combined brain power is fearsome ;-)

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such wonderful news!!!! Praise the Lord.

Margot

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can hear the sound of rejoicing in the wind blowing down from the North as it joins with a chorus of joy in the air here in the South. Is it angels, or people singing? Probably both.
Thank you, Lord, for the relief of some happy news today!
God is good, all the time. I'm looking forward to a clear day ahead when we will see a complete healing and freedom from the leukemia altogether.

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forgot to sign my name to last comment
Aunt Marcy

11:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So glad to hear that you are surviving so bravely! We respect you so much...Is there any way you can send me the quilt stuff so that I could work on it for you? I've been thinking alot about the quilt lately and I'd love to do it for you??? Let me know... Have a GREAT restful weekend... All our love and prayers.

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home