Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Report

Here is our tale to tell today. The numbers came down. Not enough to rule out Vincristine forever but enough to rule it out for today. Her WBC are at 90.4. Since the numbers did come down the doc felt it would be okay to wait till she got the port before they gave it to her. The Vincristine is dangerous and must be put into a really good IV otherwise it will burn the skin. With a port there is no chance it will burn the skin. So Monday morning we will go into the office and get an IV put in and get her CBC done. Mainly to check her platelettes but also to check the WBC. If her platelettes are low (which they were today) then she will have a transfusion before surgery. And if here WBC have gone down more they won't give Vincristine. But it they aren't down enough then they will give the Vincristine once she is out of surgery and has her port in. It only takes 5 min to give the Vincristine.

Pray....
...her WBC come down even more and there is no need for Vincristine
...the surgery is scheduled late morning so she won't have to go too long without eating. (just another hard thing for her)
...the surgery goes really well
...that she is healed

Thanks to...
...my parents for going with me and putting up with me being snappy all day
...Cynthia for cleaning my house while we were gone...so nice to come home to a clean house
...The kids of Crossway for the super cute poster. I love it and Livi will too (when she wakes up from her nap)
...the nurses at HMC for being amazing. I am newly blessed by you each and every time I come for a visit. You go above and beyond to treat Livi like a princess and try to keep her happy even through all the hard things. This experience would be even worse if it weren't for you. Thanks so so so much.


by the way if you want to write a thank you note to a nurse that would be great. We mainly deal with Holly, Joann, Lois, Cindy, Denise and Pam. These ladies deal with really sick kids all day, everyday and they do it with huge smiles and sweet words. I dont' know if there is anyway to thank them for the work they do. But it you would like to write one or all of them a letter please send them to me and I will deliver them. Thanks. (our address is 2768 Lititz Pike, Lancaster, PA 17601)

By the way I dropped of the designated donor permission sheet today so go ahead and donate those of you who gave me your name and birthday. Know that in order for her to use it you have to donate 4 days before she needs it. Thanks so much for making this huge sacrifice.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yippeeee! Boy, I am all over this comment board today. I will be glad to send you thank notes for all the nurses in the hospital that you mentioned. Thanks for the address.

Oh, and of course...so glad to see that the numbers are down.:-) Will be praying for her to not have to take Vincristine.

Love,

Caroline

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I am so excited! Her counts went DOWN! woo-hoo!!!! I am happy for you guys!

We will keep praying! How's the sleeping situation? Still really praying for that!

Glad your folks were there...who else in the world can you be totally snappy with and know that they love you just the same!!!

Love, Les

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carl and I wanted to do something for Alivia. We decided that one thing we could do is give blood.
Yesterday Carl gave and today I gave. We just wrote her name in the blank that ask who we wanted to donate to. I hope that was o.k.
and that she gets this credit.

We are praying and thinking of you.

Carl and Linda Driedger

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

praying for sweet sleep for all of you. goodnight! kb

12:13 AM  
Blogger beth said...

i am and will continue to pray for Livi and you and everyone. i'm glad her WBC is down.

"The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance...I have set the Lord always before me;
because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken." [ps. 16:6,8]

i love you,
beth

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am praying that the count goes down even more. i pray that the surgery goes smoothly and that she heals quick. rest on the Cross. God will not leave your side.

Thinking and Praying,
Christi Boronow

9:44 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Hi, this is Kelly Ross (again!) My husband is O+ (thats Alivia's type, right?) He would love to donate blood when she needs it. We live in Reading, so we're not far at all. Please let me know if and when you could use his donation. Thanks! God bless.

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad for you donors and friends and prayers. We need it! Who can believe the counts were less...I for one was not expecting it. I think the delay on the vincristine was due more to her poor vein, but we will take whatever the Lord deems to be profitable for her well-being. I know that he has Livi, James, Emily and all of us in his tender hands, and will minister to us at the right time. I told him todya, I personally didn't feel I could do anymore, and I am not even caring for Livi everyday in an excellent way. I told my oldest son, Andrew, if I had to rely on myself to see us through us we could all give up now. BUt God is sovereign, and I must fix my eyes on that (continually). God bless you all! Love, Gigi

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home