Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

10:45...already?!

I'm telling you hospital time is so weird. I thought it was earlier..I haven't even had breakfast yet. Might skip that meal today (healthy people everywhere are gasping!)

Last night was an adventure. We got Alivia to bed around 9 and she woke up a few times crying between then and 11 but we got her back to sleep. Then I went to bed around 11:15 and fell right asleep. Well the nurse came to check temp only around 11:40 and that was it. She wouldn't go back to sleep and was pointing to the door and screaming. So I gave up and decided to wake my mom up and walk the halls. We walked down to the play room and got a little green car (I can push her in it...I'll have to put a picture up of her in one..she loves it) and did another lap. Then we decided to sit by the play room and just push her back and forth. We're sitting there and I look down the hall and who's coming towards us....My Dad! He is staying with our friends the Bookers (thanks guys!). He got to their house and realized that he had her Balmex in his pocket. Not a big deal expect that here in hospital land they have to get it from the pharmacy and it takes forever and she has a soar bottom already. So he decided to head back over. So we sent mom off to bed (so she could take the AM shift) and played with the train table. Livi was lauging and happy as can be. So funny since it was 1 AM. She's like her mom...rather be up late and sleep in (except without the sleeping in part!). We finally got to bed around 1:20 and she only got up once between then and 7:30. Thankfully my mom came and got her and let me sleep till 9 something. Notice a running theme....my parents are lifesavers...

She is taking a morning nap. Gigi is sleeping in the room with her. Pap-pap is going to practice his guitar and take a nap in the car and I'm going to the lounge to relax and read a magazine and have some devotions. Maybe we'll eat lunch when Livi wakes up. By the way...no throwing up today so it was from the steroid. She is tolerating the chemo well. Maybe we'll get to go home tomorrow.

pray for...
...restful morning for all
...My James (he's getting the cold that Livi and I had earlier this week and its no fun! and he's working right now so he can take Monday off and be with us! Such a great hubby)
...a good CBC so we can go home tomorrow.

9 Comments:

Blogger Briana Almengor said...

Funny how vividly I could picture your circumstances having just returned from our brief visit in the hospital. I am amazed by your patience and unconditional love for Livi; what an evidence of God's grace, Emily!
And, I'm so glad that your parents are with you to help. I know they bring such a sense of comfort with them. I always feel like everything is going to be alright when I'm with your parents; I can only imagine how much more so you feel that with them nearby.
Praying for a good CBC and that ya'll will be able to enjoy the holiday at home together!!

Thank you, Lord, that Livi is tolerating the chemo!! What an answer to prayer.

Love you much.

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow what a night! it is so cool that your parents are there with you.

i am praying for you,
Christi Boronow

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am continuing to pray for you all...Hope you are able to get good rest tonight...
Love,
Audrey

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Emily, Just thinking about you a lot today and praying, praying, praying. You are an amazing and strong woman. James and Alivia are very blessed to have you in their lives. Keep your heart with Jesus, and this will all be to His glory. Love to you all.
Jill P.

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily...thank you for being the best mother for Livi. Her love for you is beautiful to see. Thank you for being such a trooper, I hope we can all go home soon. Thanks for allowing us to share this time with your family. Love, MOM

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily...thank you for being the best mother for Livi. Her love for you is beautiful to see. Thank you for being such a trooper, I hope we can all go home soon. Thanks for allowing us to share this time with your family. Love, MOM

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Emily,
thank you for being the best mother to Livi...oh, wait someone already said that like 10 times!!! Ha-ha Gigi!!! (It is true, so I can understand why she had to say it so many times!!!)
Anyway, so glad to hear that she is tolerating the chemo well. We were gone all day. Jeff took me to Philly for my bday...great fun...won't bore you with the details...and you guys were on my mind often--especially while looking at the Mary Cassats in the PMA! Got Livi a really cute little gift in the museum store. Can't wait to give it to her. When are you coming home???
Always praying!!! Love you!

Les and the Yoder clan

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home