Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

T-Minus

In just 13 hours we will start the admission and pre-surgery routine. Can't believe this is our lives. The first time Alivia was in the hospital my mom and I can up with a code for when we needed to have a really good cry. Then we wouldn't be worried when that person went off for a while because we knew they were having a cry and would feel so much better after. Its funny cause if anyone utters that phrase I think "wonder what they are sad about". Its a very normal statement and doesn't have a thing to do with crying...thats why its such a good code.

I am going to have the nurses look at Alivia's ears before the surgery cause she has been pulling at them. I think its teeth but just want to be sure. She had an okay day today. Yesterday she stumbled (on 2 seperate occasions) when trying to walk and hurt her foot again. So she couldn't really cruise around today and that was pretty frustrating for her. Maybe a full day off her leg will help and hey we just happen to have one of those scheduled tomorrow.

Well I need to take a shower before I go to bed so we can just get up and go tomorrow. Just one less thing to try and do. Maybe we'll get to sleep a little extra...or maybe not.

Pray..
...Alivia sleeps well
...she goes in and out of sedation easily
...the port is placed well and doesn't bother her
...drop in WBC's so she doesn't need Vincristine
...that her leg heals completely and she isn't bothered by it anymore
...that there isn't an ear infection and that her teeth don't bother her much.
...peace for us. Mercy for Alivia. Healing. A miracle.

Thanks to...
...my dad for coming to be with us
...Leslie M. for the sweet phone call. It ment so much. I am not so good at conversation right now but it was just good to hear you voice. Good thing our parents became friends all those years ago or I would have missed out on you. Love you.
...James for working so hard. You take such good care of Alivia and I. Smooches.
...my mom. just cause.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,

it was so good to hear your voice too. Thank God for friends that have known you since birth - there's nothing else like them. Just wanted to send you the segment of the song that I heard at mass tonight that prompted me to call you: "No storm can shake my inmost calm, while to that rock I'm clinging. Love is lord of heaven and earth. How can I keep from singing" I am praying for that miracle. love, Leslie M.

12:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thinking of you all today. praying too. xoxo

7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

emily-
i will be praying for you this morning and throughout the day. i am glad that you dad will be there with you. may God give you peace for today's steps. praying for a miracle for alivia. love you-jamie

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Emily -
I am still reading and praying. I am so thankful that you were able to get a decent sleep finally - what a blessing. I just wanted to say about the port that you decided on that I have been close with two people - a child and an adult - with that kind of port, and I think you are going to be amazed at how much easier it makes things when Alivia needs to receive her chemo. Although I realize it is difficult to have her in surgery to have the port implanted, it is a remarkable invention. I'm glad your dad is there with you. I'm sure that his presence will be a comfort. God bless all of you.
Cathy S.

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying, praying, praying today.

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alivia, James and Emily,

We are praying for you guys and a miracle daily.Our church has you on its prayer chain. Our pastor called yesterday asking for an update which I provided.

Hopefully we will be able to see you guys at Sarahs' wedding. We will be arriving in Pittsburgh the evening of July 6th.We know it will be a struggle for you to make it, but we are praying for a healthy Alivia and a schedule and strength that will permit it.

We love you guys.

Michael, Joanne, and Jeffrey

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is late, but I am thankful for the friends I could call to pray and cry with me...Heather, Bob, and Jesus. Dave, EMily, James and Alivia have had a really tough day, but God is with you. We have prayed for a miracle, God gave one with the lowered blood count, and I pray that you can get some rest tonight...I am so sorry not to be there to hold dear Livi, but in my heart I am praying mightily. Lord Jesus come! what else can one say when loved ones suffer!!!! Love, MOM Thank you for all who pray and carry this burden.

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home