Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Firsts

Livi got a headband today at the mall and she didn't want to take if off. I was surprised that she even let me put it on her since sunglasses are extremely offensive and she won't even let them near her face. But for some reason a headband is a great thing and she will wear it for hours.


She also had her very first lollipop today. I got my hair cut and they have a bowl of candy at the register. We thought we would let her try a lollipop. At first it was gross till mommy tried it then it was suddenly the greatest and we had as sticky little girl on our hands.


I tried desperately to get a picture of her "dancing face" (pucker lips) but each time I would try she would get shy or make this face. I love this face and it makes me laugh each time she makes it. I will try again to get the "dancing face" but it is a hard thing to catch.



We had a small answer to prayers today...a whole week off from doctors visits. No blood draws, no nothing. This will be our first full week since April 8th that we haven't been to the doctors. I don't even remember what its like not to go. Instead tomorrow we will spend the day with Noah (one of the little boys I used to nanny... who isn't so little anymore. He just turned 5) I am so excited to see him. What a good Thursday!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

totally cute!! what exciting news...a whole week off from the doctors! i will keep praying for your whole family.

enjoy your doctor free week!!
Christi

9:03 PM  
Blogger Audrey said...

So sweet...I love the headband...where did you find that cute thing:)...and the dress that she had on in yesterdays pictures was soooooo adorable especially with the boots:)...So glad to hear about the week of from doctors and blood tests ect....We continue to pray for you all:)

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am bringing you a meal tomorrow. What time would be a good time to drop it off? Call me if you can. Gina

10:05 PM  
Blogger Adalie Plain said...

She probably doesn't mind the headband because she knows a thing or two about fashion. :)

Have a lovely night/morning/day,
Adalie

10:32 PM  
Blogger beth said...

so wonderful.

love you,
beth

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a gift! so glad you all get to enjoy your thursday doing whatever you please. i was just in the kitchen, well a few hours ago now, but wondering & praying about your day so this brought a smile to hear your prayer was already answered!
maybe i'll pray for your all's sleep tonight and head in that direction.
muchas love, kathy

12:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

. . . i am so enjoying PHOTO week.

these "1st" shots are great -
memories, laughter & fun.

praying for you today.

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is, definitely, the cutest girl around. I love those pictures!

I was reading in 1Peter 1:1 today and the Lord brought you guys to my mind.

"To God's elect, strangers in the world...who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father..."

I looked at the Greek for "foreknowldedge" and it's "prognosis". And I thought of all the doctor's trying to figure out a "prognosis" for Livvie. The fact is, that no matter who they, or what their qualifications are, they can't. They are vapors and mists and their knowledge amounts to absolutely nothing. What they know amounts to what they've learned in the span of a moment in time.

"for He knows how we are formed,
He remembers that we are dust.
As for a man, his days are like grass, he flouishes like the flower of the field; the wind blows over it and it is gone, and its place remembers it no more.

But from everlasting to everlasting the Lord's love is with those who fear Him, and His righteousness with their children's children..." Ps 103:15-17

But you and James have been chosen by God our Father. You are members of His family and you live in His land. And because of His choosing you, Jesus dying for you, and the Spirit cleansing you---Livvie's prognosis is EXCELLENT. Your family's prognosis is EXCELLENT.

I don't know if this is possible,
but if you can, remember that when the doctors speak, they don't know. Only God, your Father knows. I don't know if this is possible, but when they speak, try not to listen to their forcasts, because they don't know anything beyond the second that they're living in. Only God, your Father, who loves you and James and Livvie with an everlasting love knows what the next moment holds.

I love you guys.
kristi

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home