Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

2 cute pictures

I wanted to put two cute pictures from yesterday at the hospital. A little story I forgot to tell was about benadryl. Sometimes they give it to kids before a transfusion so they won't have any reaction to it. I couldn't remember if she had it the last time so I said we'll just give it to her (and it makes you sleepy which would have been nice). Well she hated it. Usually she is so good with taking meds but she was tired and out of sorts and benadryl tastes so gross. So after crying and spitting for a bit she put her fingers in her mouth and gagged herself. Out came every last drop of the meds. Oh well. We decided to go without it. And everything was fine. These are the pictures of us at the cafeteria, Livi is sporting her hospital issue gown (since she threw up on her clothes) and her new favorite hat that Grandpa bought for her (thanks Dad!). She is pointing at a giant grasshopper that was on the outside of the cafeteria window. Cute, huh?!


We had a nice morning with my parents today. Mom got her hair cut by Darcy (she looks great) and now we are all home and everyone is in bed. I think I'm heading that way too. Last night was really hard (by hard I mean she was up at least once an hour) again and with no nap yesterday it made for a long long long night. She is napping now and I'm hopeful that it will be a good nap (she's been so tired all day). No fevers so far today and that is amazingly good. We haven't given her tylenol since about 1 am.

My dad is heading home tomorrow (we will miss him terribly) but we get to keep my mom/ Gigi till Sunday. YEAH!! Hopefully we'll have a relaxing, doctor-free few days.

6 Comments:

Blogger Joe.Karen said...

Hi Emily!
The photos of Alivia are darling. But all of her photos are just so beautiful! Looks like it has been a trying few days. I wanted to let you know that Alivia and your whole family continue to be in our prayers. God bless you!

:)Karen

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the hat!! She looked so cute in it tonight. It was great seeing all of you. Three cheers for "Coldstone". Livi likes her ice cream!! :-)
Cynthia
PS: I'll be praying that she sleeps! and has no fever.
PSS: Love Gigi's hair! Darcy's great.

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just got back from ice cream with the Haughery clan. They are the best bunch of folks. Life has been fairly smooth here...no temps. just always examining each and every symptom. My new brilliant answ3er is "i don't know"...does this look like? "i don't know". should we do such and such "I don' know". I think it is my new game plan. No brains no headaches. Work was so good to be excusing me for yet another day...I actually am just the token old person they let come in every now and then. It only takes them a day or two to clean up after me....So I will stay in Lancaster with my girls til Sunday...I feel really comfortable with that. Dave will go back for work...he has a real job...and we will take temps, etc. watch for nose bleeds, etc, etc, and enjoy our girl. Looking forward to seeing the wallworks this weeekend....Patty can make any get together somehow more memorable. I missed my girlfriends in Indiana this eveing, but obviously God just wanted "younz" to get together. A rain check is now issued....Okay, signing off on my blathering. I love my family so...Andrew we need to get to S. Carolina to see you soon!!! I am praying for something that God will surprise us with. Mom (Whoops got a little verbose again. Deal with it people!!!)

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you guys.

moriah

11:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures of Aliva!

Mom, I live in North Carolina.

-Andrew

6:33 PM  
Blogger fanzo said...

Hello emily

I've been reading your blog for quite sometime and wanted to write but didn't. I'm a Friend of your Dads' back in Indiana PA. My name is Anthony Frazier, and for years I worked in Juvenile, Foster care, Apartment Living, and alternative educational programs. This is where I met your DAD. My experience in that field taught me so much about the human spirit, and how families overcame so much pain, loss, abuse, ect. It was remarkable to know that when families trusted their faith, much was gained. Your courage shines througth and know that God is watching.

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home