Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Home!!!

Thank God we got to come home today. We went to the hospital and they took a blood sample to culture. (put in a petri dish and see what grows over the next 24-48 hours). They also did her CBC and suprisingly her WBC's were lower than last week (21.3 to be exact!) Amazing. No idea why and don't really care why just so thankful that they are. Here plateletes were low (19.3) but they won't transfus unless she is getting nose bleeds and such so that was nice. But we did get a red blood cell transfusion since her hemaglobin level was 6.8. So we spent the afternoon in the big transfusion room.

It was a long day...made longer by the fact that Alivia got up at 6 am and only napped on the way to and home from the hospital. Craziness. Needless to say she is so tired now but still fighting sleep. All of us (my parents and I) are incredibly tired, we're all running on caffine right now. We are just supposed to watch her over the next few days. If she has any kind of fever on Friday we will head back up for a test to find out if she has a urinary tract infection. Other possibilities are just a fever from the teeth (she's getting all 4 I-teeth) or some sort of virus that will just run its course.

The new prayer requests...
...continued lowering WBC's
...increased plateletes and red blood cells (without transfusion or other intervetion)
...fever to go away on its own
...nothing growing on the culture
...wisdom for the doctors
...some sleep for all of us

Thanks to...
Sarah Sams (funny not saying Allen, cousin) for the super cute sweater...wonder if I can get it in my size. Livi enjoyed throwing the stickers all over the place, too.
And thank you notes from...
...My Marmie, Ed and Sue Moore, Jill Piper, Tina Wenger, Sonya Long (thanks for the stickers and getting our husbands together while I was gone. James enjoyed the company), The Cranmers, Peter and Micah Wenger, Shannon Michalski and Sarah Sams.

Only a few more days till I am going to start putting the gift bags together. So please send all notes ASAP. Thanks.

Here is the most recent count
Janiece-31
Holly- 33
Lois- 29
Chris- 30
Cindy-30
Carol- 31
Joanne- 30
Maritza- 33
Denise- 34

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, God. Still praying -
Cathy S.

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good evening emily- i beeped on my way back from MD and it was good to see that your lights were on and that you guys were home and i am glad that you will be able to sleep in your bed tonight and not up at the hospital. praying for a restful night for all and for no nothing to grow on the culture. love you-jamie

9:41 PM  
Blogger beth said...

sleep well tonight- i pray.
i am praying for you.
i will send those cards as soon as i can.
i love you all,
beth

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Emily, James & Livi,

God Bless. You are on my heart and in my prayers.

I just received a call from a friend of an amazing answer to prayer for another concern that was very looooonnnnnggg in coming. (But a journey and clearly an anwser to God's faithfulness.) I pray for you daily and I am inspired and so encouraged by you. As a working mother of 3 children. Thank-you for your honesty and humilty in all of this. Livi was is so blessed to have you for a mom. I continue to pray for healing, wisdom and his great mercy. He loves you and Livi and will give you all you need.
Diana Bennett

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying that you all sleep well tonight.
Margot

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home