Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Update 2

This afternoon was pretty calm. Alivia took a nap and during the nap her fever finally broke. Thank God. We also made an executive decision to go back to Lancaster tonight. It has just been so stressful the last few days trying to figure out if we should stay or go and it seems like it would be easier to just be home. Besides I miss my husband terribly! So my parents, Alivia and I are leaving Indiana this evening around 8 and they will stay till Thursday. So even though we won't be in Indiana we'll still be together and we'll find ways to have fun in Lancaster. It will be good for Alivia to be back in her own bed too. Maybe she'll sleep a little better...meaning maybe I'll sleep a little better. We are pretty sure that the fever was just from teeth...all be it a little high for teeth...they are the hardest teeth to get in. The nurse said that if the fever was from infection then tylenol wouldn't affect it and she would still have the fever even with meds. We are so thankful to God. Funny how a few little numbers change the whole mood of the day. Wish I could be more of a rock in this and lean on the Lord even when the circumstances are scary. I am praying for more faith, trust and patience through this whole ordeal. I could use a healthy dose of all three.

Thanks for your prayers they mean so much to us and please continue to pray that the fever stays down and for a complete healing (of course)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am praying!



christi

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We continue to pray for you. Hopefully you'll enjoy the next couple days here in Lancaster with your parents without the stress of being away.
love, Viv and family

7:40 PM  
Blogger Briana Almengor said...

I've been reading each update and praying, just not commenting on every one. As others have mentioned, it is clear that God is indeed giving you wisdom and light for the step right in front of you. I know we'd both like a little more light at times, but we can be grateful there's any leading or prompting at all, and we can trust that whatever that little nudge is we feel as mommas, that it is the Holy Spirit. God is so faithful and even when we make a 'bad' decision or in hindsight could have made a better decision, GOd is ultimately the Redeemer and works all things together for our good. I know that you know all of these things and you are growing to know them in deeper ways, deeper than most of us will ever come to know them.

As for you wanting to be more of a rock and have more faith, from where I'm standing, I'd like to have just a measure of your strength and faith, my friend. It would just be nice if having faith or trusting God meant that we would feel better about the circumstances, wouldn't it?! You have given Livi so much throughout the last several months. You have created as normal an atmosphere as possible, filled with love and encouragement and hope. She is a blessed, little girl, and I can't wait for the day she can look you in the eye and say, "Thanks, mom, for loving me so much and trusting God so much for my life."
And, for those moments of doubt, fear, and even anger, I always am comforted greatly by this line from the worship song we sing, "If my hold should ever fail, Your wondrous love will never let me go."

Love you much, friend!

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good news. Thank you, Jesus, for listening to us. Thank you for acting on our behalf. Thank you for helping Emily. Give them a safe journey. Thank you, Jesus.
Cynthia

8:38 PM  
Blogger beth said...

emily i'm continually praying.
love you all so very much.
Beth

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I encourage all to consider giving platelets at the Red Cross Center nearest you. Platelets have a shelf life of only 5 days. You can donate way more often than giving whole blood. The center for Indiana is in Johnstown. They will be very happy to help you schedule your donation. It's a good way to help ALL those "Alivias" out there.
Rodney

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home