Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Last night

I just wanted to write a quick blog before I take a nap..I know its 9:30 am but if you had a night like ours....naps are a must. Last night was a really rough night. Livi actually did great...but that was probably because her fever wiped her out. She had a temp of about 100.8 around 9 last night and I called the doc right away since I didn't have all my "what-to-look-for" sheets with me. They said to take it again in 2 hours and call if it was still over 100. Well in 2 hours it was only 99.3 so she went to sleep and I tried but couldn't. I think my parents got some sleep then too. I was expecting her to wake up and need a bottle around 12:30 but it came and went and she didn't wake up so I check and her temp was 99.8. So I feel asleep. She woke up at 2:30 and wanted a bottle and I (of course) took her temp and it was back to 100.5. She was very awake then so we watched a movie till 3:15 and then she finally feel back asleep but by this time I was a nervous wreck. I just didnt' know if we should head home in case we needed to go to the doctor. So through my tears I cried out to the Lord to give me a clear signal of what to do and I felt like I was to wait. And so I decided to take her temp one more time and then wait 2 hours. It was only 99.1. All this time I didn't give tylenol cause it would "mask" the fever and the docs need to know what its doing. Every 2 hours I got up and took her temp. It was always around 99 so it was good that it didn't go back over 100. We think it is from the I-teeth that are coming in....because other than the fever she is pretty normal...still a little tired but that makes sense. So we are watching her. She was chewing her tongue and cheek and must have bitten it pretty hard cause she made it bleed. Thankfully it clotted which is a good sign for her plateletes.

Please pray for us. We need wisdom when and if we should head home (looks like it might be tomorrow now). The sleep deprivation is making me very emotional and I need to have a clear head...thus the nap. Pray that she doesn't have a fever anymore, that there isn't an infection (one of the things we are always on the look out for), no more petekia (going to spell it differently each time till I figure out how to spell it), that her cheek heals quickly and that we make wise choices what to do next.

I am definelty struggling with the timing of all of this. My desires of a relaxing week with my family aren't coming true. Pray for my attitude. I want to be thankful for every little thing instead of focusing on what I'm not getting. Thanks

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily-
I am so sorry that things are rough out there for you. I do believe that God has given & will continue to give you "motherly wisdom." -- Even when you feel clueless & sometimes helpless as to what is going on inside of your precious child--I am so sorry that things have been so difficult in the past 6 months.-It is comforting to dwell on the fact that He is guiding your footsteps. He is your ONLY sure strength....more then doctors, more then family, more then friends...He is where your help comes from.

"I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven & earth."
Psalms 121:1-2

I love you.

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily -
When you are in the middle of what is happening, I know from experience that it can seem like a million things are coming at you at once and how in the world are you supposed to be making the right choices. However, despite the turmoil inside you, you are doing everything to protect and care for Alivia - I know you are doing great. I hope you have found enough calm inside of yourself to rest this morning. I believe that the Lord is leading you through this - you know you can lean on His strength and guidance. It is clear from your blog that you really are trying to savor every moment of joy. The scary and sad parts might cloud your own mind at times, but we see the joy pouring forth on this end. After your sleep, I hope you wake up with renewed strength and confidence. God bless you and your family.
Cathy S.

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Isn't it kind of interesting that your friend "ang" and I were writing at the same time - not seeing each other's messages - and both said very similar things about "guidance" and "strength"? Just a curious coincidence?!)
Cathy S.

10:45 AM  
Blogger beth said...

i love you and am praying for you.

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am praying for you and Alivia, Emily. You did a great job turning to the Lord in the middle of the night.....the darkest and scariest place in life.....and He helped you. He will keep helping.
You are a GREAT Mom. I am amazed as I watch you do all this. The Lord is with you.
Cynthia

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home