Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Bright and Early

I had a moment of pure terror this morning. Alivia wakes up around 6 and has a bottle then goes back to sleep for a while. This morning was no exception. I made up her bottle and went in to get her. I picked her up and looked in the crib and their was a bright red spot right where she had been laying. BLOOD (I thought). Instantly I started running through all the options of where she could be bleeding from...nose (no too low), back (too central), port (thought it had a scab). I reached down to touch it to see if it was wet and realized it was a peice of NutriGran bar that must have been down her pj's...she had one as a snack late last night. Good grief. So crazy. Waves of relief hitting me from all angles. Welcome to our day. Thankfully I didn't turn her over to check for the "blood" cause then she would have been fully awake and not able to get back to sleep.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Heart Attack!!! I remember that when E was about 18 months she fell down a few stairs...right in front of me...it was like slow motion. I quickly grabbed her and noticed something red on her arm and started screaming, "Oh, Jeff, she's bleeding!" Well, after about 10 seconds of hysteria, I remembered that she had pizza for dinner and it was some pizza sauce that didn't get wiped up!!! So, I totally can relate to that feeling of utter panic and then the wonderful calm when you realize it was nothing to worry about!
Hope your day is going well. We are a bit nuts around here, but you spent the day with us yesterday, you understand!!!
I am going to send you an email with that prayer in it...the one I told you about yesterday! I am always praying for you guys!

Love, Les

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey:

I really feel for you! I have had those scary moments also, but I can't recall the details right now. What this really brings to mind is the way Piper (my oldest) would store crayons in her zip-up winter pajamas when we turned our heads. Then, one day I saw Maren (my middle child) dropping a penny in her diaper of the computer desk in her diaper. It is amazing how it has taken me three children to have the complete heads up about stuff being stored in diapers and PJ's before bedtime. The whole thing would give me chills because I was always worried they would put some choke hazard in a pajama pocket or their diaper before I laid them down in the crib. At least when all was said and done, all she took with her to the crib was food. It is a wonder we ever have the heads up when it comes to our kids at all (they are so quick and there is so much they can get into...they keep us on our toes.:-) Gotta run...it is about to storm outside. So sorry for the scare and so happy for the happy outcome.

Love,

Caroline

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! Could you go back sleep??? I hope so.

I'm so happy that you've had some quiet days.

We're praying all the time.

kristi

4:55 PM  
Blogger Julie Garner said...

DOH! Like you need more to worry about. STUPID NUTRAGRAIN BAR!!!

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wel, I am glad you and your brothers never did anything like that. Perfect angels, as I recall. Oh yes, except the time Andrew drank Dad's aftershave, Aaron ate Dad's medicine, someone sucked the tylenol out of the bottle during a diaper change, yada, yada, yada! no wonder we can't remember anything, our memories have been scared to death. Now who was I writing this to? Love, What's her name.

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow that is a heart stopper! i am so glad nothing was wrong. i am praying for you guys.

love,
moriah

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!
A heart stopper and starter at the same time!
What next?!?!?!

Still praying!

Mary Ann K.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home