Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Friday, August 25, 2006

Good to go.

As this is the third time I have writen and tried to post this blog I will keep it short. Not sure what I've been doing wrong. Maybe the lack of sleep is finally catching up. Even though we did get some sleep last night. In fact there was one stretch of 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Never thought I would get so excited about 3 hours but being a mom changes everything.

No fevers all day, the nurse called and all cultures where clean (no infection) and we don't have to go back to the doc till next Thursday. Nice to hear. My dad packed up his car, kissed us good-bye, got in his car and drove away today...only to return 15 min later since he missed his 3 favorite girls. He said he needs to take at least one of us with him and since we are holding my mom captive...he HAS to stay. (our little plan worked after all...just kidding) I'm so glad he's staying though.

He took Alivia for a walk this morning...this is what happened....

Guess when you get up at 6:30 am you have to expect some morning naps.

She did take a great afternoon nap...besides waking up briefly when ever fire truck in Lancaster county drove by our house with sirens blaring.

I want to say a huge thanks to Ryan and Hollis M. for the gift cards to the nurses! I love it. Thanks. I am getting more and more excited to give them out.

Over the last few months so many have said "how can we help, what can I do, anything you need, just ask". Well folks I'm asking. I know there are still a lot of you who read this and haven't writen a note to the nurses. That is what you can do that will help, bless and serve James, Alivia and I. Just pick one name, take 5 min, write a thank you note and send it to me or hand deliver it to me on Sunday. I know you may not know these nurses but they deserve all the thanks and encouragement we can pour on them. So get those pens moving! I need them by the end of next week. Our address is 2768 Lititz Pk. Lanc, PA 17601

Here is the latest tally...
Janiece- 33
Holly- 34
Lois- 31
Chris- 31
Cindy- 33
Carol- 32
Joanne- 32
Maritza- 34
Denise- 36

Thanks ahead of time for your help with this.

4 Comments:

Blogger Julie Garner said...

Wow! I've missed reading this week...and it was quite a week to miss. Glad things seem to be going a little better. I'm also praying for lots of rest for you, Emily (and James, and your parents). We went swimming tonight and we were talking about Livi and her SS Cruise Ship, etc. Hope we get to see you guys on Sunday!

Love ya!
Julie

11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am praying and thinking of you everyday.


Have a great weekend!
Christi

2:45 PM  
Blogger beth said...

love you praying for you miss you and hopefully will be able to talk with you soon...

beth

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am praying for you guys every day! I am glad that your parents are with you guys to help you out, and to just hang out with you. I hope tonight is a better night, and that you all get some sleep. I hope to see you Sunday.

love ya guys,
moriah

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home