Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Sleepy Friday

Everyone (except me... and James who's out working) is taking an afternoon nap. I may lay down when I'm done here. Livi is getting another tooth so last night was a bit long. But my parents let me sleep in so I feel pretty good.

Tonight James is taking me on a date...we haven't gone on a date since this whole thing started. I must say I'm excited and a bit nervous about leaving Alivia. But she will be in the best hands possible...my parents. They will spoil her and she won't miss us a bit. The whole thing will be harder for James and I than for her.

I don't know if people were reading back in March (before Livi got sick) but I collected quilt squares and had planned to make a quilt...things got pretty busy right after her birthday (wonder why) and I didn't get the chance. So my wonderful friend Nora offered to do it for me. All I had to do was box it up and send it to her. I'm happy to report...I finally did. So thanks ahead of time to Nora for doing this for me. It means so much and I am so excited to see how it turns out. Nora is about a million times more skilled at sewing than me so it will be better than I could ever do.

Also we had planned since we first move into this house to turn the closet under the stairs in the living room into a little play area. We wanted to get a mural painted on the walls and make it really cool. James had to dry wall and hang a light and such and it just wasn't top on the list. Since Livi is getting closer to walking we decided to just get it done. And this week Cori B. started to paint it. It looks so super cool but I want to wait till its all done then I'll post some pictures. Thanks so much for all the hard work Cori! We love it and Livi thinks watching you paint is the greatest. After you left today she just wanted to go in there...we had to hold back since the paint isn't dry. But I can tell she is going to love it when its all done.

We're just moving along. Who knows what next week will bring but for now we are enjoying every little thing that happens.

Thanks to..
Lori Heitland (and family) for the books and stickers. Livi hasn't seen them yet (napping) but she will when she gets up and she will love them. The unwrapping alone will be so much fun.
Joanne Kinderwater for dinner last night. We almost got Livi to eat a peice of the melon...huge step. She licked it at least.

Thank you notes from
The Lapp family (of Exton)
The Heitland Family
Keep them coming...it is so great and the nurses will be so blessed

We now have
Janiece- 8
Holly- 12
Lois- 9
Cindy- 8
Carol- 9
Joanne- 10
Maritza- 8
Denise- 9

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll just go out on a limb here and claim the "long shot" in the name of the Lord Jesus, our Savior, the King of Kings who reigns on the throne and below whose feet all things are laid bare and are known. There is no other who can heal or save, for the praise of His glory alone Thy will be done. Amen.
Anyone with me?
Aunt Marcy

3:41 PM  
Blogger Julie Garner said...

Have a GREAT date night! We're going out too. Woo hoo!!!

The play room sounds great. Princess Alivia and King Jude might enjoy playing in their together someday.

Enjoy ytonight and the weekend with your parents! We love you!

Dan & Julie

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can't wait to see the play-closet! where to for the date tonight? enjoy! xoxo

8:18 PM  
Blogger Brandon Wilhoite said...

I linked to your site from Nora's -- we were in the same Caregroup in AZ. I just wanted to let you know we are praying for you. I'm on day 42 in the hospital, having been diagnosed with AML on 7/1, so we can really relate to the challenges you are facing and how you hold your breath each day waiting to see what labs say about WBC, etc. I have seen the Lord's hand so clearly, and know He is the ultimate healer. Please know you are being brought before the throne daily. May God bless you and give you strength. One day at a time!

11:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,
I have a friend's mother who quilts. She has made a quilt for each of my children. When you are ready, I would love for her to help you ( my treat).
Lv,
Margot Cole

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS- I am with you Marcy.
Margot Cole

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home