Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Swimming

We have had two days in a row of swimming fun! Yesterday we went to April's parents house again (thanks!!) and had a great time. It was a bit cold so Livi spend most of her time dumping water all over the deck. She liked watching the kids (Grace and Samual and the King kids...Aidan, Autumn and Austin) run around. Like all little kids she thinks all older kids are the bees knees. We had a sweet suprise in the form of Maureen Bourke! We loved that we got to see you while you were here visiting. Love my Indiana buddies.

Then today we went to Ang's in-laws pool (thanks to the Stolzfus). Little warmer today and Livi enjoyed putting her face way to far into the water. She is learning not to do that. Also if I tell her to swim she kicks her legs like a frog and moves her arms. Seems like she'll swim away any second. So cute. There were also lots of animals the last few days. Yesterday we got to meet Helen's new kitten..Peanut butter and see the dogs (which Alivia loves) and today as we pulled up to the Stolzfus' Alivia started to scream and laugh and point...I was completely confussed. Till I realized there were COWS in the field right next to their house. Then there was a kitten at the pool (who apperently loves little kids and allowed Livi to poke it and pull its hair) and then 8 puppies. Oh she was on cloud nine. Yes she would love a dog...and no we aren't getting one right now. Little too much to handle. But one of these days she might just get one...which mainly means I'll get one. And I am proud to announce no sunburns (For all the concerned grandparents out there!)

My parents will get here tonight and tomorrow we have a 1:20 appointment. We got a call from the doc today saying that the bone marrow was pretty much the same..except the number of blasts seems to be down! We are definelty no closer to ALL then. Pretty good news (I think). Our doc wants to review it with the same pathologist that looked at the last one and make sure he agrees but it looked "better". We'll see what tomorrow brings....one day at a time.

Pray for...
...a safe trip for my parents
...a great CBC tomorrow (increase of red blood cells and platelets and a continued drop of the White's)
...Livi not to be aware that she's "sick". So far she isn't and we are just praying that continues


Thanks to...
... of our swimming buddies (April (Samual and Grace), Brandi (Aidan, Autumn, Austin), Maureen B., Angie S. and Tina (Owen)). And to the pool owners!!
...Rose and Paul Trepodi for the kind note.
Thank you notes from Vivian

7 Comments:

Blogger Julie Garner said...

Aren't pool days the best?! We almost called you guys yesterday because we had a pool date and couldn't get Jude's new floaty boat to blow up. In frustration I said to Dan, "I'll just call Emily and see if Livi will let us borrow her boat!!!" Thankfully the boat finally inflated, which is good because Livi's boat was obviously busy! :) Still, Jude's boat was not nearly as great at the SS Livi Cruise Ship!

Glad you are having fun and that things seem positive at least at the moment!

Love ya!
Julie

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear emily,

it was great to see you guys
at gail & karl's wedding.

i love your hair -
just looks so . . .
the beautiful, natural you.

sending hugs & kisses your way today.

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sooooooo glad you and livi are able to get away during the day and relax and have fun with your friends. It is so cute that she already knows how to kick her feet! Maybe she will be a early swimmer!!!!! I am so happy that the Blast went down. I am prayaing for livi and you and james every day. Keep on trusting God through all of this. Keep up the great mother and wife skills, you are doing GREAT!!!!!!!

love ya,
moriah

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning emily-

praying for you guys as you head to hershey for the appointment today! jamie

7:52 AM  
Blogger Briana Almengor said...

Just wanted you to know that I'll be praying for ya'll today and esp. for all of Livi's counts. I am so blessed by how much you are enjoying life and providing opportunities for Livi to enjoy her days out of the hospital, too. It's not a wonder why she doesn't realize she's sick; it's because you are so positive with her. It's a grateful, humble heart that you are wonderfully demonstrating to your daughter and the rest of us. Thanks, friend!What a great momma you are to that little girl.
We love you much!

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I just read about the Nutrigrain bar scare! Then I read your mom's entry about all the Tylenol Aaron drank and the after shave. I used to call poison control so much, they recognized my voice! One of my kids even digested a huge bottle of cod liver oil capsules (I used to buy them in bulk). Poison control said they had never gotten a call about that before! This is why our blood pressure needs to be checked continually after the kids grow up... Still praying, Aunt Cheryl

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily, We had a great time too! Aidan kept saying how cute Livi was & how much he loved her nanny's pool.. I tried to explain but he didn't get it.Autumn loved her bathing suit, she said she thought it had a butterfly on it. We are praying for you today. Praying for positive results! Have fun with your family! Brandi & family

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home