Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Monday, August 07, 2006

What is going on?

We had a great weekend. Friday night our AC broke but James was able to fix it so that was wonderful. Saturday we just hung out together all day and we got to go to a wedding in Maryland on Sunday. (Congratulations Karl and Gail...we are so happy for you both...and Brooke). We got to see a lot of our friends that we haven't seen in months...and it was so refreshing. Thank you to all the people we saw for your prayers and concern. I think the thing that ment the most to both James and I was how we were treated. No one acted like we had the plague, or cried when they saw us or seemed to pity us in anyway. It was AMAZING and such a blessing. We felt as normal as we've felt this whole time. We were prepared for no-stop illness talk and it wasn't that way at all. We could talk about it if we wanted but didn't feel like that was the main focus of conversation. THANKS (x a million).

Over the weekend I had noticed an increase of petechiae (look Christine I spelled it right...I cheated and looked it up!) and then yesterday she leaned on the coffee table and got a bruise on her elbow so I knew that her plateletes were low. So I called this morning and they said to come in and get her CBC checked. We packed up and got on the road around 10:15. They checked her plateletes and they were 16 (140 is the low end of "normal") and set us up for a transfusion. The big suprise of the day though....her white blood cells (which I thought would be up over 100) were 19.5!!!! I can't believe it. That is the lowest they have been this whole time. CRAZY...of the meds and low numbers. Proves that the doctors can do all they know and yet God is in control (someone remind me I said that if the numbers go back up! I'll need to be reminded!). Not that we have an explanation of why that is happening but still....amazing blessing for today. Alivia did an amazing job today also. She didn't take a nap until the ride home (at 3) and yet was happy and cheerful the entire time. We were in the big infusion room with 5 other kids and their parents and she didn't cry once. She played happily and we didn't even have a TV till the last 1/2 hour! Such a big girl. More than one nurse asked if she was always this good and said they were amazed that she didn't even cry when they accessed her port or took it out. When the IV machine started to beep (meaning it was done) she leaned back in her stroller and pulled her shirt up to show her port as if to say "I'm done get this thing off of me!" Super cute. Love that girl more than I can say. She makes everyone smile. I love being her mom.

Thanks to...
MaryAnn Plesnicher for the card and gift.
Marmie for the signing videos. she is going to be fluent! Can't wait.
Lois Sensenig for the great dinner.
The Petro Family for the Bob Evans gift certificate

Thank you notes from ...... Moriah Freeman, Jen Clemmer, Cori Bitterman and Joni Cairns (thanks for the stickers too!)


Please pray...
...continued dropping of the WBC
...increase in Red blood cells and plateletes.


Here is the Thank you note count for today
Janiece- 5
Holly- 4
Lois- 4
Chris- 5
Cindy- 4
Carol- 5
Joanne- 4
Maritza- 4
Denise- 5

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I think I am the guiltiest one...I am often a crier; however I only do it to moisturize my face, though. Okay, I am a total slacker too, I only have one thank you note done. But I do have two cards laid out to write. Rome wasn't built in a day ya know. Mom

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still have those cards for you! Hopefully I will see you this week. Maybe I will just drop them off when I am out and about.

Love, Les

10:01 PM  
Blogger Julie Garner said...

Thanks for the update. Your faith is growing so much through this journey. You are an inspiration, and a great reminder to love the heck out of our babies! Livi IS the cutest girl around!

Julie

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the part about Alivia letting you all know she was done!:-)

I spent three hours at the eye doctor yesterday so I can empathize with all your doctor/hospital visits (to a certain degree).

Love,

Caroline

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey look here - i sent the cards last thursday so at our current rate you'll get them by the end of the month deadline. glad to hear the day went so well yesterday! kb

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home