Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

The Lord heard Him

I was sitting praying and thinking about Livi last night and picked up my copy of Beside still waters and this is the page I opened to.

The Lord heard Him...ps. 34.6
The poor man cried out, and the Lord heard him. The man was alone, and the only one who heard him was the Lord. Yes, the Lord, Jehovah of Hosts, the All-glorious, heard his prayer. God stooped from His eternal glory and gave attention to this cry.
Never think that a praying heart pleads to a deaf God. Never imagine that God is so far removed that He fails to notice our needs. God hears prayer and grants His children's desires and requests.
We can never pray earnestly until we believe that God hears prayer. I have been told, "prayer is an excellent exercise, highly satisfying and useful, but nothing more. Prayer cannot move the Infinete Mind." Do not believe so gross a lie or you will soon stop praying. No one prays for the mere love of the act. Amid the innumerable actions of divine power, the Lord never ceases to listen to the cries of those who seek His face. This verse is always true, "the righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, and delievers them out of all their troubles." (ps. 34:17). What a glorious fact! Truly marvelous!
This is still Jehovahs's special title: the God who hears prayer. We often come from the throne of grace as certian that God heard us as we are sure that we had prayed. The abounding answers to our supplications are proof postive that prayer climbs above the regeins of earth and time and touches God and His infinety. Yes, it is still true, the Lod will hear your prayer.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful verse. I am praying for livi constantly. I am praying for that miracle, and for Gods will in all of this. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

love you all,
moriah

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,

My computer wasn't allowing me to see your blog for a few weeks. So glad to get all of the updates today. I'm so sorry that I missed the chance to send "thank-you's" to the nurses.

Anyway, thanks for the wonderful perspective of God as the One who hears our prayers. It built my faith for your family as well as others that I'm praying for. I continue to be so encouraged by your example as you live each day fully. I am checked each time I'm tempted to complain in my own life when I think of you guys.

Love you.
Amy Fedeli

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a precious reminder of who our God is! He is merciful to hear our prayers. This has definitely encouraged me to pray more fervently for little Livi!

Love you!
Les

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How greatful to hear how God is comforting and sustaining you with His word.
Your example as you press into Him is such an example of grace.

Still praying,
Amanda K.

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh, that was good. thanks for sharing. yes emily, He does hear you! so glad He reminded you of that. (glad He reminded me too)xoxo

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cry, Cry to the Lord. He does hear you- all of us. We pray for GRACE over the Haughery family tonight Lord and we pray for answers.
Love,
Margot

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home