Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

So much to say, so little time

I have so much to tell but only about 5 mins. Today is another doc visit day. Its supposed to be just bloodwork so it might be a quick one....or not. But I'm not too stressed.

We had the greatest weekend. Friday night was girls night out with Hollis, Sonya, Denise, Rachel and Erin. Girls, time after time you make me laugh and thrill the night with your silliness. Love you all and can't wait to do it again. Saturday we went to see the space for the bone marrow drive (thanks Andy) and then Rachel, Erin, Hollis, Alivia and I went to Characters Pub (my favorite). Later that night William came over to take Alivia's 18 month pictures...didn't go so well. But we'll just try again. Then we went to dinner with William, Jeremy, Erin, Andy, Sonya and Rachel. After dinner there was a dance dance revalution. (I'm just being silly now) and then everyone came over to our house to sit by the fire. It was so cold out but the fire made it fun. Won't be able to do that much longer. Then Sunday James, Alivia and I went to see the people who make the "Signing Time" videos. Alivia loved it and we loved watching her. I didn't know what she would think but as soon as they walked on stage she started kicking her legs and laughing. Each time they would sing a song she would move her hands all around each other like she was signing then she would sign more each time a song ended. It was about an hour show and then we went to the children's museum. It was so cute and Alivia could do almost all the activites. We got back from Harrisburg (where the show was) around 2 and at 4 John, Will (Mr. Late) and Jeremy came over to watch the Steelers. There was great food (thanks to Erin...and a little bit me), Sean, Denise and the twins came at half time and the Steelers played like they are supposed to play. After we carved designs into pumpkins. I got to use a power drill and that was fun.
It was a great weekend.

Answers to prayers .....Alivia started eating 2 new foods this weekend (pretzels and graham crackers). She has only been getting up 2 or 3 times at night, she's taken a few steps AND she takes the Gleevec like its not big deal!!! Thank God. Her stomach looks a bit smaller to me and that is pretty exciting. We'll be able to tell from her count if things are going well.

I'll write my thanks later when I tell about the doc visit.

We are having a fundraiser at Isaac's deli on Monday night. All you do is go and eat or get take-out from Isaac's and 25% of our bill goes to the bone marrow drive. What a great fund raisers. You get to eat out and help us out. If you want to go or want to hand out tickets (you have to have a ticket) please post your e-mail address (which I will erase) and I'll forward you a copy of the tickets. You can go to the Isaac's in Lancaster, Harrisburgh or Hershey. Feel free to hand out the tickets to anyone you want. The more the merrier

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that prayers are being answered and that Alivia is eating more and taking some steps!
We'll keep praying that the Glevac is indeed working and reducing the size of her stomach.
love you,
Viv

9:58 AM  
Blogger momofcolin_chloe said...

So glad that Alivia is resting well, and it sounds like that has been a help to you! Your post sounds so upbeat and that is such a relief to me (and many others, too, I'm sure!)

So glad she is trying new foods and yahhhh! on the steps!!! Hope she gets braver everyday!

Praying for today's visit! and praying thanks for all of the good news you had today!

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just came back from the Capital - they've gotten between 50-100 folks who've been swabbed in the last two hours, still another two hours to go. I'm praying for your family. janine orlando

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We LOVE Characters Pub too! A Garner Favorite. Sounds like a fun weekend. You needed that. I'm promoting the fundraiser and the drive on my blog for you and with everyone I know! It seems like such a small thing to do for Baby Livi (aka, the Chicken).

Love ya!
Julie

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am happy you got to spend time with all your friends. I am praying for livi everyday. I pray that the Lord will just heal her of this luekemia(spelling) and that the doctors will just be amazed at what God has done for her. I pray that the Lord will be wtih you and James during this time too, and just comfort you and surround you with his love. I pray that the doc. visit went well, and everything looked pretty good. I am so happy that your prayers were answered!

love,
moriah

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE Issacs!!! Fabulous idea! I will pass lots of tickets out!
-Ang

1:46 PM  
Blogger beth said...

so glad to hear all this... I'll keep praying and praying.
God is good.
love you all so much,
beth

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home