Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Home?

There is talk of us going home today...or tomorrow. We just have to get off the oxygen. She is allowed to eat and drink whenever she wants. She is in a great mood despite the frequently interrupted sleep last night. They are weighing her frequently to make sure she is getting rid of enough fluids..if not she'll need more lasiks. In fact she finally fell asleep for a nap and they came in 20 min later and weighed her. We had another chest x-ray (that makes 4 in a week) at 6 am. They are switching her antibiotic to an oral one and also switching her steriod to oral. Please pray that she takes the steriod. It doesn't taste good and is twice a day. We are going to start with crushing it and putting it in yogurt...the doc said that even adults wont' take the liquid cause it tastes so bad...and they understand why they are taking it. If her oxygen stays at a good level (even while she is sleeping...which is really hard to do) then we will be home today. I cant' even imagine sleeping in a real bed with no bells or whistles going off...and no masked people entering my room at random hours of the night. The other night I woke up and a large man with a mask was quietly entering my room. It took a moment to realize that it was a medical person. I laughed to myself because that just shows how weird my life is. Any other time or place a large masked man enters my room and I freak out completely. But this is just normal for hospital life. I'm ready to be home.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, home! Home is soooooo good!!! Praying for that!

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when livi is older, and all back to normal, you will have to really work on the masked-man concept because outside the hospital setting, she really should be afraid of them!
Love and intercession,
Aunt Marcy

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The way you said that you freak out completely when a large masked man enters your room makes me wonder how often you've had large masked men enter your room!! I hope never!! But it gave me a good laugh and it's always so good to see that you have your God given sense of humor in times like these. We'll keep on praying. Love, Gina

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home