Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Clinic

Today is our first clinic visit since the surgery. I am interested to see how much she weighs now. She is eating so well and being really active so I bet she didn't lose any weight. She is sleeping a bit better. Not getting up less but she seems to really be sleeping when she sleeps. It always seemed before that the slightest sound could wake her...like she was never really in that deep of a sleep. She is sleeping much more soundly now.

I have about 100 questions for the doc. Like how do you give a bath with the broviac? We did yesterday but it was really hard. You can't get any of it wet so we taped a bag to her chest. If we have to give a bath everyday that just won't work. Or how do I clean her lines? The hospital told me one way and the home care nurse another. They are very different so I need to figure out who is right and who is wrong. And finally are we sure? If this was our doc's child would she proceed? There is nothing else in the whole world that might cure her? What if its a simple thing and we're missing it? It will be good to get some answers.

Pray for wisdom for the docs and for us. It may come down to us making the decision whether or not to proceed. I'm not sure how to make that decision.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for answers to your questions, wisdom for your upcoming decisions, and peace in the midst of it all.

Love,
Amy

11:24 AM  
Blogger Julie Garner said...

Oh, Lord, please give them wisdom!

I know God will be faithful to you, Emily. He has been so kind to Alivia with this surgery. He will give you the answers you need.

Your mom left a comment on my blog that was so sweet! I just love her!!! You're very blessed to have such wonderful, Godly parents. Please give Gigi a hug from me!!!

Love ya!
Julie

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God, now is a time when the rubber meets the road. We need wisdom, knowledge, understanding all of which come from you. Thank you for imparting that wisdom to doctors. But we know that ultimately it is You we are trusting. To deliver us from this fire, through this fire or by this fire, one way or another you will save us, save Alivia. I ask that it will be in the best way possible. And that Emily and James will know without a doubt with a peaceful assurance what they are to do. The next step. Even it is just one step at a time. Reveal yourself, your "way" to us. We ask for eyes to see! Above all else, we see this.... You are our God and besides you, there is no other! We bow down to no other gods, not to fear or despair or self pity or unbelief. In You alone we put our hope. My thoughts are with you guys all the time. Love.
Aunt Marcy

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you (all), Emily...

-Adalie

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for wisdom for the doctors and wisdom and peace for you and James. Gina

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS: Gina AND Jack :)

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am praying hard for you, and your family. Trust God, even when it seems to be hard, always look to the Cross. God will always be with you!

Praying...
Christi

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home