Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Day 2

We now have our own real room. We spent the night in the surgery recovery (kind of like a hideout...not even our regular doc could find us). It worked our really better than I could have imagined (Thank you Lord). Our overnight nurse was so nice and we were the only ones in the whole area....wihc never happens (according to our nurse) most night there are at least 4 people in there. So it was quiet and nice. My bed was probably the most comfortable one I will sleep on till we go home. It was a regular patient bed and they put it right up against Livi's crib so we fell asleep holding hands.

We got in to our room around 2. Its at the end of the hall so it should be quiet too. I forget the room number but will post it soon. Alivia has been a blast all morning. Making us all laugh and being cute.

I'll be back...doc's in the room

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah for a bed! That is wonderful. Glad Liv is in good spirits. I am sure that does wonders for you!

Love, Les

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! Great to hear the good news!
Viv

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so sweet... you guys holding hands :-)

And she's been a blast today! That's wonderful. Who's keeping who entertained? Amazing.

I forget, how long is this stay supposed to be?

Love to all, Grande Aunt Lisa

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great girl! I bet if I had my spleen removed I would not be a blast or cute the very next day. I miss you guys and can't wait to see you ;)
Love, Erin

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh,so sweet-
i can picture you & liv sleeping side by side holding hands.... precious!

Love you- call if you need to talk. I should be around tomorrow until 3 (then i'm off to get a much needed & overdue "darcy highlight & cut!")

5:09 PM  
Blogger Briana Almengor said...

WOW!! So glad you had a good night's rest. AFter I wrote my comment yesterday about praying for some sweet sleep for you, I remembered my first night w/ Judah after surgery and faithlessly thought, "there's no way she's getting sweet sleep tonight; what was I thinking wishing that for her?" :) Glad God is not bound by my faithless heart and glad to hear how lavishly He's displaying His care for you and Livi and your families.

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like Livi is being tough as ever. What an amazing girl she is. We'll keep praying for great news, a quick recovery, more sleep, and a cheerful Livi.
Love,
Joe & Karen

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, Emily, for always keeping us up to date. I really can't believe you can do this, but it helps us so much to know what's going on and how all are doing. I can't tell you how relieved I am at the news that the surgery went well, and then to read Day 2's post---- it made my day.

We love you,
Thank you Father!
kristi

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray! Glad you were able to get some rest, and that Livi is responding well. God is so merciful; we'll keep praying for you all.

p.s. Besides the quiet, the best part about having an end room in a hospital hallway is that you have more space to go bowling...before the nurses catch you.

Love, Chris & Steph

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that she's doing well. It broke my heart when you said that you guys were holding hands :-/ You're the best mom ever.

8:43 PM  
Blogger linda anne said...

you painted such an adorable picture... of you guys holding hands. thanks

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home