Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Day 4

We've been talking and decided I definetly need to take a shower today....at HOME!!!!

The surgens are writing the discharge papers as I write. WOO HOO

That is a day early. We have never, ever, ever, ever gotten out of the hospital early before. In fact we have never even gotten out on time. So this is a little miracle...okay a big miracle. There are a lot of things that I have to do at home now (medical wise) but it will be so nice to be in our own home.

Hospitals are sad places but pediatric floors are the most sad in my opinion. There are people here going through a lot worse than me. Never take a second of your life for granted. If you get even a minute outside of a hospital you are blessed because no one is guarenteed health, no one is guarenteed long life. The people here don't deserve this for some reason or another this is just the life God has planned for them. Next time your child is throwing a fit, having a bad attitude or just being cranky think of it as a blessing. Some of these kids can't do any of those things. They are hooked up to so many machines and recieving so many medications. I am so thankful for the way Alivia went through this surgery. We didn't deserve a better recovery than other kids. Of all her surgeries this one was the most intense but the easiest.


I have to go we're being paged

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Isn't God good?
Has He blessed us time after time?"

We rejoice with you today and thank God for His goodness.
We are so unworthy and yet He continues to bless.

Pat S.

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! Good news. So happy for you. And, thanks for the reminder to count my blessings. (Even if it means not taking my blessings out in public. I should still count them! ha-ha!)

Love, Les

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!!! I will be praying for your family.

Moriah

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God! Thank you Jesus for hearing our prayers. I am so happy for all of you.

Alivia thank you for doing such a great job for your mommy, daddy and all the doctors. I am so proud of you!

Pauline

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Of all her surgeries this one was the most intense but the easiest."

Who'd thunk it would turn out this way?!

Praising God along with you for your miracle!

Still praying!

Mary Ann K.

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are so glad that Alivia has done even better than was hoped for with this surgery! May this give you faith in the Lord for the next difficult steps that you will be facing.
We are praying for you!
Luke and Christina Smart

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so right about the throwing the fit or bad attitude thing. Way to bring it into perspective for me. I have a lot of that going on lately with my 3 year old and 2 year old. Praise the Lord for an early trip home and I am praying for a great recovery.

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the great news!!!!... Wow, our God is so good! I am so thankful that you can go home :o)
We will continue to pray for every little thing to go smoothly.
Calvettis

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow great news may the blessings keep on coming nancy

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home