Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Six years ago yesterday James Haughery got on one knee and asked Emily Allen to be his wife. I said yes. And we started to plan our lives. Twenty-two months ago yesterday Alivia Haughery entered the world. She was part of what we started planning and dreaming about 6 years earlier.

Tomorrow we will walk into the hospital and hand her over to have a part of her removed. That wasn't something we could have ever planned or imagined. To say I am nervous is the understatement of the year. I am terrified. I want to live in a state of denial and not deal with it. I want to run away to a deserted island and take my baby with me. But the only way for me to be a good mom right now it to pack my bags, bundle up my girl and head to the hospital. I knew being a mom would have difficult times, hard decisions but I always imagined that would mean dealing with attitudes or obedience....not this.

Surgery is scheduled for 1. It is supposed to last 3 or 4 hours. Pray for us.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,

Leah and I will both be praying for Alivia's surgery tomorrow. I know that God will be holding her in the palm of his hand. love,

Leslie M.

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

emily, definitely praying for tomorrow and for you all. much love xoxo

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are praying for a perfect surgery, a quick recovery, and perfect peace throughout the whole process.

With love,
The Fedelis

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily, James, and Livi~

We are praying for you all...May God grant you much peace...

Love~
Damien and Audrey Drago

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kimmels are praying. I will send the news and prayer request to school with Jeremaih tomorrow
We all love you.
sek

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,
I will be praying for Alivia and you and James tomorrow. I can relate to sending your child into surgery! It's a scary thing, but also an opportunity to trust the Lord!

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily

Your family is in our prayers in Nebraska!

Barrick family

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,
Alivia is in our prayers. Stay strong!
Tracie (Heather's sister)

7:56 PM  
Blogger Briana Almengor said...

We'll be at home praying for you all day.

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble. Therefore, we will not fear though the earth give way or the mountain fall into the heart of the sea." PS. 46:1,2

Love you much, friend

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,

You will all be in our prayers tomorrow, for a safe and successful surgery for Livi and peace and comfort for you and James.

Love,
Beth & Tommy

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you guys tomorrow. My heart aches for you guys.I pray that the Lord will be with you tomorrow and give you strength to go through the day. When you hand livi to the doctors, just remember that the Lord will be in that operating room watching over her. You will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow.

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trust in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song." PS. 28:7

love,
Moriah

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We continue to pray for Alivia, and will especially pray tomorrow.
Chuck & Eli Price

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily - We will be lifting up your precious little Livi today, and will also be asking the Lord to carry you, James and your families through these difficult days. May the Lord give peace that passes understanding.
Love, Beth

7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

emily-
lyndon and i continue to pray and prayed this morning for you waake up and head to the hospital. the phrase/song chorus that is in my mind is "You reign, You reign over ALL". God reign over all the details of today and i am praying that His hand will give you peace and comfort as you wait. love you-jamie

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

praying!

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying, Praying, Praying....

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily (and James)

You are brave. You are full of fears, of course, but you are also full of faith and that is evident.

You are not alone. There is a whole network of people walking with you right now...as you enter the hospital, as you sit and wait...in the days, weeks, and years ahead. We (all of us) are praying and doing anything we can to offer you support and love. Most of all, the God of the Universe is with you and Jesus has his hand on your little, precious Livi today and always.

So much love for you...
Julie (for the whole Garner family)
XOOOO

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home