Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

10 months ago

In less than 20 min it will be February 8th. That means that 10 months ago we started this journey. I can barely believe it. We were watching the Super Bowl Sunday and I commented to James that a year ago we had no idea Livi was sick and we were enjoying watching our team win the big game. Funny how I can't remember what that feels like. I can't remember what it feels like to have Alivia healthy. I dream about that day when she's not sick anymore and this is all a memory. Oh God when is that day? My prayers are so basic at this point. I have no fancy words. Just God heal my baby. Please God.

Tomorrow we head to HMC for a 9:30 EKG. Then we have a clinic visit at 11 and a CT Scan at 1. The CT is under anesthesia so please pray. We don't know how she'll handle it without the spleen...hopefully much better than with.

Each time I fall asleep all I can think is we're one day closer. One step closer to the scariest thing I can imagine. All I can do is pray.

7 Comments:

Blogger Vicki said...

You are in a good place Emily... total dependence on the Lord.

He hears your prayers and the thousands we are all praying on Livi's behalf as well.

I pray that 10 months from now you can't remember what it was like for Livi to be sick and all you remember is how she is running around healthy and we are celebrating the Lord's grace, mercy and kindness. Vicki G.

1:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are all praying with you, Emily. God bless -
Cathy S.

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

emily-
we continue to pray and ask God to heal Alivia. God's grace is giving you strength and hope to continue to cry out and pray to the one who hears us. praying for the visit to hershey today. love you-jamie

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,

I am praying for you always. I know that I have written this before, but it is one of my favorite verses: "If it were I, I would appeal to God - I would lay my cause before him. He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." (Job 5:8-9)

Love, Leslie M.

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily, I believe that the Holy Spirit is interceding for you and the Father hears your cries for you daughter. We are all praying with you, that Alivia will be completely healed. You are never far from our thoughts and our prayers. Even those of us who really don't know you...feel great love and admiration for you and your family.
Maryann Plesnicher

9:23 AM  
Blogger momofcolin_chloe said...

Continuing to pray for each request you offer as well as complete healing of little Alivia. This road has to feel so long. Thank you for keeping us up to date. I hope today goes smoothly and is completely routine and all of the results are spectacular.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Parmer Clan said...

Emily,
I can't imagine what any of what you are going through is like, but I know that Avaya and Livi are close in age, and I look at her often and think of Livi. Gabe prays faithfully for the family for Livi, and kindly reminds us if we don't include it EVERY time. Please know there are so many others, others whose name you don't even know, that do the same...God is hearing the prayers of the church and family and strangers and He loves you guys very much. You will never be the same from 10 months ago, and I'm sure you would wish it away if you could, but God wants you in this place right now for a reason. He wants you to depend on Him, and I am so proud of the way I see you are doing that. Keep leaning on him...cry out to Him, and we will all do the same for you. Love and prayers for PEACE in the upcoming days.

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home