Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Monday, February 05, 2007

Oh, Pa

In the Treehouse Feeding the pig some corn

Livi has been saying "oh, Pa" every since my dad left Sunday. She misses him dearly and wakes up from each nap and each morning calling for him. We had such a great time with him this weekend. James had to work on Saturday so Livi and I took Grandpa to the Hands-on-House (it was his first time) she showed him all around. Grandpa babysat Saturday night so James and I could go to dinner.
I know others think their dad is the best...but I would have to say they are wrong. My dad is the best by miles. Love you Daddy
We have a clinic visit Thursday then 2 doc appointments the next week and then hopefully only 2 the following. Then we enter the hospital for the transplant. It's coming faster than I would like. We are going to my parents this weekend as long as the weather cooperates ....Hopefully that will mean Marmie, Lisa, Pete and Maria (and some cousins if they want) will come visit. The weekend after my parents and Aaron are coming and Andrew is flying in again. Then I think we'll try to have one last weekend with friend before we enter the hospital.
Thanks for your continued prayers

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are praying fervently for you! I am teaching middle and high school in Nebraska right now. We just started a "Pennies for Patients" drive to raise money for leukemia families around here. I have been showing the kids Livi's pictures to help it hit home with them. There are now several kids in the class who are praying for your family!

I do have to say that my dad is great, but I know that yours is fantastic as well! I love seeing pictures of Dave and Gretchen - it makes me feel at home! We miss being in their care group!

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily, I live with "Pa", and I know that he is the best. Isn't it great that Livi is so comfortable with him? He misses you guys just as much! Mom

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

she's got the best "pa"...that's so sweet... it will be great to see them soon...
miss you and praying for alivia and you all...
love,beth

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you could spend time with your dad! I can't believe how big livi is getting. How time flies. I am praying for you guys. May the Lord be with you over this next week.

love,
Moriah

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily
Your blog has been so helpful with keeping us up to date. Thanks for all your precious time it takes to do this. The pictures are great. Still
praying for Alivia and the Haughery
and Allen families. May God continue to pour out much grace in this time of need.
Carol Landis

9:34 AM  
Blogger Julie Garner said...

Love the pictures! It is so cool how much Alivia adores your parents. (Well, I'm sure James' parents too...who couldn't love them) What a blessing for you, Emily, that you have such a supportive and loving family.

Julie

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,
I wanted to let you know I am still reading your blog all the time. You are in my thoughts daily. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you. Any specific prayer request, or if you just need to vent to an anonymous person feel free to call me so I can pray with you. Your family is so special.
Sara (Ang's Sister)
saralazio@hotmail.com

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily, it is so great that you take the time to update all the recent info on the blog. I don't get to call you as often as I want, but I can always turn to this site and stay posted. Plus, I love all the pics (especially)! We are continually praying for you guys. It is so great that you are able to spend this time with family, etc. and making that precious girl of yours to smile...there is nothing like it! Hope you are having a great day and an even better night! Love, The Knutsen's

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do have such great parents. I still remember the speech your dad made at your wedding. It was the most touching thing I ever heard, in fact, I can bring myself to tears just remembering it. I continue to pray for all of you, especially Livi. Betsie

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there Emily, James and Alivia,
We continue to pray for all of you! I wanted to let you know about the website of another little boy we are praying for. I think it would encourage you to read about Jacob's journey through his bone marrow transplant. He is 3 yrs old and is doing very well... he has had some ups and downs but it has been exciting to see God's hand in this little boy's life!
www.cure4treebeard.org
I am praying for "joy unspeakable" for you in these days.
Blessings,
Rochelle Calvetti

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home