Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Other ways to help

Yesterday I mentioned blood donation as a way you can help. Here are a few other ideas. You can collect Aluminum Tabs (on the tops of soda cans). These are donated to the Ronald McDonald house to help buy things for families and for the family room that we use here at the hospital. They can be donated in the parking lot of the Ronald McDonald House here in Hershey. Or give a bag to one of the Haughery's and they will make sure it gets to the hospital. Another thing they take is Magazines, Catalogues and other glossy paper. There are big green recycling containers at 6 locations....
Hershey....Ronald Mcdonald House and CocoaPlex Center (1100 Cocoa Ave)
Lebanon- McDonald's (757 Cumberland Street)
Lititz- Penn Cinema (541 Airport Road)
Mechanicsburgh- Mechanicsburg Middle School (1750 Market Street)
Middletown- Karns Food (101 South Union Street)


Another way to help is to become a bone marrow donor. I know that Alivia already got her transplant but there are so many others who need it it is a one in 20,000 chance that you will match someone. There is a drive being held March 27 from 7am to 7pm at Wintergarden in PPG Place Downtown Pittsburgh. The test is completely paid for by Amy's Army (Amy is a little girl who live in Mount Lebanon who has been searching for a donor for over 3 years. what if you got to be her donor?)

These are just a few ways to help out that are completely free but mean so much.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily, I have A+ blood type. can you put me on the list to donate directly to Livi. I want to donate this week for her.

Uncle John

5:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am not doing anything as noble as donating blood.
But after 10+ years of collecting Martha Stewart Living, I had decided that I was ready to part with the magazine. I was just days away from taking them to our disposal company. Now they will go to Penn Cinema.
God doesn't miss a detail!

Pat

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Living in Alabama, can my husband and I donate to Alivia for credit, at least? I have given platelets and have A+ blood. Too bad we are not in PA. Dick and I have given the information re Alivia when we donate blood, but don't know if you ever got credit. We hope so. I would certainly go more often if I was sure. We grew up in Mt. Lebanon. Good luck to Amy.
Your baby looks beautiful!! May God continue to hold her close.

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,

As Livi's birthday gets closer, I am sure this isn't what you expected for #2. You have such a precious daughter and a great family. You have a God who knows every hair on Livi, every star in this huge sky, every thought and feeling you go through. And, I am so glad that you know Him and can call on Him. I love you deeply and care about you. Your tenderheart is so godly and beautiful. God has given you a spirit of perseverance, courage, and trust. Always, Always praying - Anya

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

James and Emily and Alivia,

Just a note to let you know we're thinking of you. If I was more orgaized I'd write as often as I think of you which would be everyday. A card and b-day gift are on their way but may be late. I have one picture to add.

Anne (aunt)

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home