Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Day +4

I repainted the door the other night and just now am getting around to posting a picture. It is so relaxing to me paint and I call it my therapy.

Since Pa had to go home for a few days Gigi got to do morning duty (thanks Mom!!) I think the girls had some fun together....don't they look like it?

Livi got some stamps from my aunt Kathy and we finally got them out today. She had the most fun washing the ink off them after we stamped them (she did that for about 29 min)

When Livi is tired she does just about anything to keep herself awake. In this case it was hide and peek over the side of the crib.


Today is our 14th day in the hospital. It seems like we've been here forever. Livi had a difficult night last night. She woke up and threw up a few times. She is such a trooper and calmed down and went back to sleep. Her butt is still the same. It didnt' get worse which is good but it also didn't get any better.

I thought I would write a list of the top ten things I am thankful for and the top ten things I miss....
Thankful...
1. Bone Marrow Transplants...if it weren't for this transplant she would have no hope of ever being cured of this leukemia
2. Sweet Nurses
3. Grandparents (Gigi, Pa, Nan and De-Dad)
4. my husband who works so hard to take care of us
5. Things that distract and entertain Livi
6. Gift certificates so we don't have to eat in the cafeteria every meal (thats Crossway church)
7. Laptop in my room.
8. Mail call. I look forward to it each day
9. My friends who call and e-mail. even if I don't get back to them right away they still love me. Thanks girls
10. Slushies

Things I miss...
1. My husband snoring (just cause it means he's in the same room)
2. A bed that I can roll over in without falling out (if I lay on my back and put my hands flat beside me...my thumbs touch my leg and my pinkies touch the wall and the edge of the "bed")
3. Private bathrooms
4. Bathrooms that are closer than the other end of the building
5. My house
6. Being outside with Alivia
7. The clinic nurses
8. Making plans with my friends
9. Not having to wear shoes in the shower...probably 30 people shower there each day. Yikes.
10. Driving.

Thanks for the cards from ....
Ryle and Ben Mellinger (we hung the pig on the wall)
The Sentz's (Lyndon that costume looked great on you. I would have know that was you anywhere...)
Scott and Ang
Cathy Schloemer (why doesn't your hair still look like that?)
Tom Bueche (haven't watched the video yet...saving it for a rainy day)
Xander Booker (Livi said yes)
Maryann Plesnicher
C.M. from Virginia for the grea drawing of Alivia
Uncle John (Livi kept looking at the picture and laughing..we asked her where Uncle John was and she pointed right to you)

Someone sent us a Red Robin gift certificate...thanks.
And thanks so much to Mike Gerhard, Betsy, Chris, Vicki, Tracy, Mike, Bryan and Steff for the box of toys! WE are savign some and we got a few out today. It is so nice to have new toys to introduce and she just loves getting presents. Thanks for your generosity. I don't even know you and you went out of your way to bless us. Thank you so much.

15 Comments:

Blogger Julie Garner said...

That pic of Livi and Gigi is so great!

Love ya!
Julie

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the photos-- THANK YOU FOR SHARING-- I pray your tomorrow is a smiling day ! P Miller

11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came across your blog last week and It's already become my first stop each morning. Your beautiful baby girl is in my prayers. You are such a devoted mommy.

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the picture of me an livi is in her play room below the stairs. I'm still supprised I was able to fit in there with her. I had tons of fun with her that night. I think we took my keys out of my pocket and started her car about 100 times. well maybe not that many. Chris, Will and I are working on a video for alivia for her birthday. it should be great.

uncle John

11:26 PM  
Blogger Pauline said...

Emily, thanks for all the photos. Emma asks me to see the baby...and smiles so much when she looks at all the photos. Praying that you all have a restful night and that Alivia's skin will no longer be irritated.

11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't sleep so I thought that I would look on your blog to see what to pray for you. Thanks for keeping us up dated. It sure encourages me to pray for you all.
Emily I was so blessed to read your list of your thankful things and also that you are so real and wrote the things you miss.
Gigi you two gals sure are having a good time together!
I am going back to bed and start praying for you all most expecially for skin healing.
I love James tongue the other day!! :-)

1:29 AM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Praying that tonight is better then last night, that you and Livi are getting some much needed rest!

4:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still praying. Glad to hear that she is in such good spirits and continuing to be such a trooper.

Love, Les

7:03 AM  
Blogger momofcolin_chloe said...

Praying that the rashes heal, or that they don't bother her much if they don't right away. Praying that her nuesea stays away, or again, doesn't bother her that much if it doesn't. Praying that you find rest whenever possible and that it is full. Always love the pictures. She is so sweet. Praying that the rest of your stay flies by as your baby is healed.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Emily,

Thanks for the list of what your grateful for and things you miss! The shoes in the shower made me think of college and I remember those days and the day when I didn't have to wear shoes in the shower anymore! I think I burned my shoes as part of the celebration!

I am consistently amazed and spurred on by your perserverance and your energy to care for Alivia! It has to be supernatural!

When I was praying for you guys this week, I prayed that Alivia would have nothing but good memories from this time (if she remembers later at all) and the pictures were evidences to me that perhaps she will only remember the hospital as one big play pen where she got to play with her dad, her mom, her Gigi, her Pa, her Nan and her De-dad, and all the wonderful gifts and toys people have given her. Who knows? But my prayer is that God will give her nothing but gracious memories of this time...

Praying for you all...

Sara

9:04 AM  
Blogger Natalie W. said...

Hi Emily! Josh and I sent you the Red Robin Gift Certificate. I'm so sorry it didn't say who the sender was! I ordered it online and it didn't have the option to write a message. It's our favorite hamburger place here in Columbus, and I looked online and saw they have a restaurant near the hospital. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as we do! We are praying. Love, Natalie West

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alivia looks really, really good! I love her little hands - precious!

I would love to send a care package. I know time is BEYOND precious at this point, but if you ever have and can send me the hospital address, my e-mail is tika98@yahoo.com

Rest assured, you are in my continued prayers! God bless

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since Livi has such an amazing memory and such cute ways of displaying it, Nan and I think she will write the best seller called Livi's Life, showing God's great mercies and the incredible child he created. Thanks for having her, Emily and James! Mom

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pictures, especially Gigi and Livi! Gigi, you look completely content in the picture to be holding your little angel.
I am truly amazed at how well Alivia looks and how she just keeps on playing and posing! God is working in that little sweetie!

Still praying!

Mary Ann K.

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying! Praying! Praying!

moriah

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home