Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Day +5

Today started with throwing up and meds to help and ended with the same. But in between we did a pretty good job of regulating the nausea. Still no signs of mucusituous...very good. Her bottom seems to be doing at least the same... I can't say better but definetly no worse. The new lotion (critic-aid) seems to be doing the job of at least preserving things the way they are. Thank God. The saddest news of the day is that her hair is definelty falling out. I was dreading this (along with a ton of other things) but leukemia is bad enough why does hair loss have to be part of it too? I think it should be a side affec that your hair gets longer and thicker and more beautiful. That would be more fair.

As always Alivia was mre than wiling to have a few pictures taken today...so here goes...
Firt with thenew bear se got today (she is smitten)

Second, getting smooched by the grandparents

With De-dad and Nan

With Mommy and Daddy

With the newly returned Pa and Gigi


Pray for less nausea and continued lack of mucusitious and other bad side affects. Pray that her Mommy candeal with the hair loss.

Thank you's for today....
Cards from...
Tom Beuche (Happy Birthday)
The Millens (I can't believe you found the ones from when we babysat all those years ago)
Rick and Deb Gilgore (for both of the cards)
The Marrow Foundations
Marmie
Linda Chirieleison (your granddaughter is a cutie and Livi loves Dora so she thinks she has a picture of the real Dora now)
Adam, Janelle and Jackson Erd
The Gang---Bessie Zimmerman, Bling, Seargent, Scary, Eeyore and Rodney Bones (Alivia loves picture so much. She kept pointing to Eeyore and saying "me". She misses you guys like crazy!)
Thanks to Lori and Dylan Martin for the cool green bear. She was showing it off to everyone who came in the room
Thanks to Claudia Curry for the great care package. The chocolate is gone already.
Thanks to Mrs. Curry's kindergarten class. The banner is cool and the picture is a great idea. Thanks for all your hard work.

My brought backa bunch of stuff from Indiana but we are waiting to open it so that she has something new for each day. Thanks ahead of time to Deb Barteck (can't wait to see what you got for Livi)
I will post another picture of our photo wall soon so you can all see your pictures and how many more we have now. Keep them coming we have plenty of wall space left.

Holly...I completely forgot about the ice cream social until later in the afternoon and by the time I went you guys weren't there. Maybe we can meet for lunch next time you are here.

Now for the birthday...she can have toys that are completely sealed. She love the Disney Princesses or the Disney Fairies. She like littlest pet shop things, pretty ponies, Polly Pocket (the larger ones), any toys that are completely sealed. Also you can order things from sites like hearthsong.com or playmobil.com which have great toys that come completely sealed and are easy to wipe down. She tends to like toys that you would think were for an older child. She loves playing with her friends Samual and Grace's farm from playmobil. Don't feel like you need to get her a present. Some people just asked. Also we are saving to buy a table and bookshelf for her room so you could always contribute to that. Again though please don't feel like you need to do anything. Your prayers are more than enough.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,
I love the pictures from today. Especially the second one with all of the grandparents. It actually brought tears to my eyes just knowing and being able to feel how wonderful grandparents are. You have a tremendous family and Livi is so lucky to have great Mom and very creative. I love the doors that you painted. I wanted to let you know that I do read your blog everyday and I am thinking of you constantly. I am so glad that Livi is doing good. That is great news. I can not wait until we can come see you guys. Cameron is waiting to meet her. Love you!!!!!!

Heather L.

6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures. Love to check first thing in the morning so I know how to pray. So glad that the mucis.... is not present. Continuing to pray for her healing.
Working on our project.
Les

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures...they are absolutely beautiful...thanks for sharing them...and on this note i'd also like you to visit my blog on Birthday Wishes sometime and check out all that i've posted there!!!

6:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pictures are beautiful!
Don't worry about her hair...it will grow back! But, it IS hard...I know from experience! Let Livi have fun with her hats...and maybe those elastic headbands that they have for babies? I would have worn one of those myself when I lost my hair...oh, probably not!
:-)
Our prayers are being answered..."Still no signs of mucusituous...very good." Also, praying that her little bottom would heal. I still can't get over how much she is playing and posing! Whattagal!

Still praying!

Mary Ann K.

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

morning emily-
thanks for keeping us informed and allowing us to be a part of your lives. i love all the pictures. you have open up your lives to others and have allow others to care, pray, and walk with you through this time. we continue to pray for healing and for endurance and patience with joy. love you-jamie

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,
Can't imagine how difficult it would be to watch Alivia lose her hair but...and I'm sure you know this....with or without hair, she is still the most beautiful and couragous little girl God ever did create. Her smile blesses my heart everyday. She simply rocks!

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pictures are always so wonderful and since I haven't met you all, it's so great to put faces to each of you. I LOVE the one of her with the grandparents - like she's saying "They're mine, all mine!!!" And the precious way she's snuggling into Gigi. What love you see pouring out of that picture!!!
I'm so glad you got our care package!! We may not have met you but Livi has snuck into our hearts and we HAD to do something. We hope she'll enjoy everything!
Wonderful news about the mucis... and that her bottom isn't getting worse. I will continue to pray every day for her! And I can understand your heartbreak about her losing her hair. It brought to mind something that my Grandpa used to say "God made only so many perfect heads - the rest he covered with hair." I know it's silly but I thought it was sweet!! Just think of all the new spots on her that you'll have to kiss!! :)
Fondly, Vicki Moore

9:06 AM  
Blogger Julie Garner said...

Awe, I love those pictures! And, Emily, you look absolutely fabulous!!! WOW! I would be un-showered and haggered looking, I'm sure! But you? Ever the beauty queen!

Told you there was a surprise coming. :) We had a blast! And there are more coming...ones that will make you laugh even harder.

I like your idea about the hair growing. It WOULD be more fair! But you do know, Alivia will look adorable no matter what. And King Jude will still love her and call her his pretty Princess Livi. No worries!

Love ya!
Julie

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HELLO EVERYONE--
THE PHOTOS ARE SO DARLING-- BABY ALIVIA LOOKS SO HAPPY --
PRAYING TODAY FOR COMFORT ..
PHYLLIS

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,
The pictures are soooo cute. Abigail was trying and did succeed on kissing the computer screen. Emily just smiled and said,"oh, how cute she is!"
It's so good to know what to pray for. I wish every child in the world could have parents and grandparents as Alivia does!

Love,
Kristy S.

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

adorable pictures...glad to see Livi smiling and happy with the ones she loves!
Viv

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad to have PA back too. And thanks to andrew for calling every day...the bear she recently received is called Andrew so we show your picture with PA and she was saying "Drew" today. Aaron, you have taken great care of the house, and are just an all around general "good egg". Your phone greeting the other day was funny, but could you change your voice mail? I am tired of it. Don't I sound like a mother. Love ya, Mom

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Em I know it is probably hard for you to watch your little girls hair fall out, but just remember that this is all God's plan. I will pray that he will give you strength to go through it. On a good note, I loved the pictures. They are all to cute. Praying!

Moriah

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like these pics. your families are wonderful! i can tell livi is in love with them. was thinking of you guys today & praying. xoxo

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home