Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Friday, March 16, 2007

Day +7

We are buried under a ton of snow but it doesn't matter cause I don't have to go outside. It did mean that my big visit from friends didn't happen. I was so dissappointed. It was the first time in over a week I was going to see friends and I had been looking forward to it all week. The snow kept James away too but he will be here tomorrow night and spend all day Sunday with us.

Alivia did much better today than yesterday. She only threw up once so I think the meds every 6 hours are making a big difference. I spent a big part of the day painting a window at the end of the hall. I was going to do it with my friends but did it myself. The hall sort of emptied today. There were quite a few discharges but not many admissions. And tonight a bunch of the nurses couldn't make it so it just seems kind of lonely and deserted around here. It is even harder to be here when I don't know any of the nurses. Throughout the week I know the nurses (and the days of the weekend) but the weekend nights I don't know many and it makes it harder. Well tomorrow Brooke will be here and she is great so that is good. (Livi loves her and even says her name)

Livi is saying so many new words. She is exploding verbally. It is fun to watch. It seems like each day she is saying something new. She acts like its no big deal. We will ask her "did you say....whatever the word is" and she'll say "yea". So funny. The other day I was saying something about her friends Samual and Grace and I asked her where Samual was and she said "home". Too sweet.

Here are three pictures of Alivia enjoying the new toy she got from Marmie. She thought it was so funny and kept going back and forth across he room with it.




Thanks for the cards from...
Deb Bartek (and family)
Indiana First Bank
Becca, Tim, ReRe, GUP, Sarah, Mike and Huck (loved the dress Huck, was that one of the original ones Rere got for the wedding and decided not to wear? We love you guys)
Rach (love the shot of you and Livi on her birthday...the first one. Can't believe she was ever that small.. and could Easton be cuter?)
Day Spring Christian Academy

And to Marmie for the cool dancing wooden man. Alivia loves it. I could barely get her to stand still for a photo (as you can tell from the photos). You are the best. Love you

17 Comments:

Blogger momofcolin_chloe said...

So, so, so glad Friday was better. Hope that the weekend continues on the same way. Enjoy Sunday with James!! Praying for the absolute best outcome for Alivia.

12:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy to hear about a better day! Hopefully this is the last bout of winter weather! Painting windows and doors...huh! That's great! I didn't remember that you were such an artist! I'm sure the others there appreciate it so much! More prayers for better and better days and for peace for Alivia and you!
Jessica Bennett

1:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SOOO happy to hear she had a better day!!! That warmed my heart and I loved seeing her with that toy!! She is so precious!!!
Yep, we are in Annville and buried in the snow as well!! It's a mess, so it's good that you are tucked in there safe and sound. I bet everyone is so happy to see your paintings - what a gift!
I pray that Alivia continues to have good days!!! I hope she has a great weekend!!!
Continuously praying for all of you,
Vicki Moore

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news of a better day.

We'll keep praying about the rash and mucositis.

It must have been a killer for James not to be able to make it in.

Tom Bueche

7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The snow again was a bummer but so glad it was a good day for Livi. Her musical birthday card has music for the wooden doll to dance his back country dance. An adult can get the legs to really go to it. So glad Livi is enjoying it. Love and prayers comung your way as always. Hope the weekend is full of fun moments and good rest.

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Guys! So glad to hear that my friend Livi is feeling better! I miss her and I have only been away from work for not even 2 whole days! I need another special Livi hug when I get back...or maybe another Fraggle naked butt jiggle... :) You won't be reading any exciting Boston news about me...cancelled flights, delayed flights and more cancelled flights! YUCK!!! Can't wait to see you guys....I'll be back Tuesday. Have an awesome weekend and a fantastic Sunday spent with James! Take care guys!!
Nurse Manda

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are so happy that yesterday was so much better--
We pray that all of Alivia's days are more comfortable and filled with happy smiles ..
GOD BLESS ALL...
~Saturday Morning Bank Staff~
Scott Bryson*
Tracy Purser*
Brianna Sink*
Karen Stewart*
Christina Yerep*
Phyllis Miller*

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Emily, Livi looks great! I hope and pray that the healing continues! Can you show us a picture of the window you painted?

Jan

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that Livi had a good Friday!
I just put a card in the mailbox to her. Gosh, with trudging through the LONG driveway (couldn't cut through the yard because of about 6 inches of snow) I felt like I was in the Idiarod...or something! Of course, my golden/husky mix just sat on my deck watching me! HA!
Praying for a nice relaxing weekend for you, James and Livi. It looks like she may have "turned the corner" and is back to "boring"!

Still praying!

Mary Ann K.

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad the meds are helping. We are praying and missing you. Check your email and tell me if what I said will work out!

Love, Les

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is such a little sweetheart. She really seems to be enjoying Marmie's wooden man.

I am so glad you are being sent so many distractions to keep her busy.

You are all so amazing. I continue to pray, several times a day. Betsie

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoping today feels less lonesome and Livi is continuing to be less bothered by nausea. It must have been so disappointing when your friends could not make it in to see you! Hope you and James enjoy your time together. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers -
Cathy S.

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your time with James! You all are encouragers of hope- you are hoping and have faith that Jesus will heal Alivia. This in turn proves encouraging for many others. Thank you for sharing your hope.

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She looks so cute playing with her new toy. I think our family is finally going to try to take a pic to send to you guys. We will see what haapens! ha-ha! I hope you have more company today. I know I hate being lonely, so I can't imagine what it's like to be lonely in a hospital. Praying for you guys.

love ya,
moriah

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy to hear that Alivia is feeling better! You have been so strong throughout all of this, you are truly an inspiration.
Hugs and Prayers,
Neysa and Nathan

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been away for the past week, but anxious to get updated on Livi when I got home today. Praying for you all.

Love,
Amy

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hair thing is valid. We are the same about our own hair aren't we? Don't we just feel better emotionally when we have a good hair day and worse when we have a bad one. In fact, I'm not sure that my moods are not directly related to the condition of my hair on a given day! Little girls have such beautiful, shiny, healthy, soft hair and it seems especially sad to ruin that. I think the Bible says a woman's hair is her crowning glory. So this "grieving" over the hair makes perfect sense. We grieve with you and look forward to a better hair day a little further on down the road. She's still the "cutest girl around" with or without hair.
Aunt Marcy

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home