Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Day +46

Livi is allowed to wander less crowded parts of the hospital as long as she has a mask on. We avoid crowds and take elevators that no one is on. Here she is on one of her outings.

Today's med infusion went well. Our doc said that since she didn't react the first few times they would assume that she wont' react. What a blessing. Her nap was no where near as long as yesterdays.

She had a pretty rough night last night. I am hoping we don't repeat it tonight. She was up for over 2 hours crying and I wasn't able to console her no matter what I did. Finally we got some meds for gas and that seemed to finally help her to settle back to sleep. She has been eating GoGurts like crazy (8 today) and tends to gulp them down so her belly doesn't feel great after. Also she is getting 2 teeth. Yikes. So she had some really unhappy times today. Pray the teeth come in quickly and that she will be hungry for something besides GoGurts.

Her Liver functions were down again today. So after a few more days they will start to taper the levels of steriods. I am glad. I want her off of steriods as soon as possible. Pray that the GVHD is gone and that it doesn't return!! (it is possible to get it even 100 days after transplant.)

My parents are coming back tomorrow and we will be glad to see them agian. If you haven't gotten a chance to see them they will be leaving by 3 tomorrow so don't miss your chance.

Thanks to Cynthia and Bill for coming to visit and help today. It would have been a long day without any company (not sure how single parents or parents without support do this!!)
Thanks to Margaret O'Dell for your sweet letter and the coupons.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to hear good news. Thanks for keeping us posted. Praying for continueing positive progress.

Peggy

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

8 gogurts! That's amazing. Glad to hear that something is appealing to her. (Even though they are giving her gas!)
I am so glad that you do have so much support. YOu are truly blessed. I know when Jeff's sister went through Tyler's cancer, she didn't have as many people always surrounding her. God is so good to you.
We are always praying!
Love, Yoders

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

loving the great news on the meds. will pray for your night tonight. and for those teeth to speed through! xoxo

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good. Good. Good. I am so glad that you gave us a heads up on continuing to pray against the GVHD. Hope today is even better. God be with you. Love, Janet S.

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love her hat in the pic!:) I am so happy that you guys are able to get out of your room a little bit. I will pray that she starts sleeping better at night, and that her teeth will come in quickly. Keep trusting God.

love ya,
moriah

9:32 AM  
Blogger Joe.Karen said...

alivia is so color coordinated with her mask and jacket. such a fashionable young girl. we will continue to pray for rest, peace, boredom, and healing.

love,
karen & joe

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear emily,

thanks for the way you live with Christ
as your strength & song

you are my hero


praying for good sleep for all tonight

hugs & kisses

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just wanted to let you know that I am continuing to pray if you guys man Alivia still looks soo cute even with a mask on! praying for good night sleep for you guys
Becca

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i saw gigi last night... so good to talk and i sent back with her lots of love to everyone and hugs for you and a kiss for livi...
i am praying so much,
love you,
beth
p.s.
i love her in blue/teal... why is she so cute?

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that she can eat dairy again! She'll be an old lady, still eating gogurts. I also like the super cute denim hat witht the super cute girl!
Love, Erin

ps - Emily, I am going to Lorenzo's home town on Saturday. Hopefully I'll get to see him!

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,
Love to hear the word creeping toward normal. What an amazing journey. She sure is something special - quite a gift I believe. Thanks again for the update. Is Gigi feeling better?
Diana B.

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home