Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I decided to take a few days off from the tributes to Alivia and pay my respect to the families of two amazing people who lost their battles with leukemia in the last week.

Joe Linn went to be with the Lord on Friday night. He was diagonosed with leukemia over a year ago and went through one transplant and was working towards a second. He and his wife Karen were so positive throughout their whole fight. I was constantly amazed by their joy in the midst of trial. They leaned on each other and on the Lord. They didn't complain or loss hope. Karen and I went to high school together and my mother has worked at her father's doctors office for years. We didn't know each other well but found that this disease we had in commen brought us together. I wept for Karen and Joe many times throughout their long ordeal.

Amy Wilhoite went to be with the Lord yesterday (Monday). Amy is the mother of a sweet one year old. She also went through one transplant and was awaiting another. Her road was very hard and long. I was often encouraged by her words on her blog. She lived with her eyes on heaven and was such an encouragement to me in the hospital when Livi was there. I never met Amy besides on my computer. I was hopeing for a day when I could introduce her to my Livi now I guess my Livi will introduce me to her.

I am glad that they aren't suffering anymore. I am so terribly sad for their families to be left behind. I pray that they will experience much peace, that they will be able to mourn but also remember all the joys, that they will be surrounded by people who just listen and sit with them. YOu are all in my thoughts and prayers. These next few weeks will be a whirlwind and you won't have time to think. I pray that when the activities of the next days or weeks are over that you will be overwhelmed by the Lord. That He will hold you and comfort you as no one else can. Our love to you all...

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Emily-
I became familiar with both Joe & Amy through your blog...& just today I realized that both of them had passed away. Tears rolled down my face even though I had never met either of them. Both of them have challenged me in much the same way that you & Livi have challenged me.

10:10 PM  
Blogger momofcolin_chloe said...

Praying for all of you and your families...there are so many things in this life that are just not fair. Not fair at all. I won't pretend to understand. I don't face this all with such grace. It saddens me and angers me. I continue to pray for you all and for myself to find the ability to face life with the grace that you all have shown.

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily dear, Your grace, courage, wisdom and faith are amazing. You and James are truely my heros. I continue to weep and ask for strentgh to accept the loss of your most precious Livi. I know your grief is great yet you continue to feel and care for others with such compassion. How wonderful is your spirit !!!! My admiration for you will never cease. Your loving Marmie

11:24 PM  
Blogger Julie Garner said...

Oh what sadness is here...and yet what rejoicing their must be in Heaven. Like Ang, I found my eyes filled with tears as I read this. What would we do without the God of all comfort.

Thanks for sharing this, Emily. I'm praying for these families even now.

Love you!
Julie

12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Emily,

What a beautifuly tribute! I am deeply touched by your strength through such a trial as this... we are continually praying for you! When I ask Landon who we should pray for before a meal, he will often say Livi's mommy and daddy! Thinking of you and praying for daily strength that only comes from our Lord and Savior.

Much love,

The Teeters

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Emily!
Such words of comfort from you! From one who truly knows...
I'll be praying for these two families as I continue to pray for you and your family.

Mary Ann K.

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been paying attention to their blogs as well until about two weeks ago. I'm so sad to hear about their loss, but glad about their end of suffering. How sad for their families. Thank you for the update. We are praying.

Beth Young

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,
You are amazing. In the midst of your trials, you are still so encouraging to others. I, too, have been checking in on Amy's blog often, although didn't in the last few days. I am so sad for her family and John's as well. Your blog is still the first website I go to when I get on the computer. You are in my thoughts and prayers every day, and I pray for much encouragement to you as you encourage others. Love and comfort to you as the days go by, Lisa Rader xoxo

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said, Emily; well said. We are praying that prayer for those families...........as well as ourselves. Love, mom (mostly Gigi, though)

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree w/ your mom emily, so well said. now i will pray for these families. i hear such a deep care & love & understanding in your words to them. have been thinking of you. xoxo

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for letting us know I will be praying for their families!

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily, you have a gift for the words you write. Thank you for continuing to lift others while you heal. We pray for those lost and left behind by this disease.

Still power praying for you, James and your families!

The Carrolls

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You amaze me! It's so wonderful that in dealing with your own loss and pain you still have the strength to go on....all the while encouraging and supporting others during their own hard times. You are definitely a blessing to everyone who surrounds you!

Love and prayers,
Natalie Murdick

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too say thank you for sharing that. It is such an example to me to see how you trust the Lord. You know exactly what these families are going through and how hard it is to lose a loved one, and still you continue to lean totally on our Savior. You are one amazing woman Emily, and I pray that one day I will be a great wife and mother like you. I continue to pray for you and now these families as well. Keep leaning on Him.

love ya,
Moriah

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Emily.
I too "met" Amy through your blog. I hadn't read hers in awhile. My heart aches for the families. Thanks for paying tribute to them and making us aware so we can lift them up too. I so love the beautiful Livi stories. God Bless
Diana B.

9:16 PM  
Blogger anonymous said...

Dear Emily
God bless you for thinking outside your own pain. These families will
certainly be in my prayers. You don't
know me, but I feel like I know you
through your blog. My heart aches for
the pain you and your family have been through. I check your blog each
day hoping you will post ,and let us
all know how you are doing. Please
let us know, so many people care. you are an inspiration to us all.You have
showed me that compared to many, my
problems are small, and to thank God for each and every blessing that he gives. Remember Psalm 91, and may you rest in the perfect love and peace that comes only through our Lord and Savior Jesus
Christ
I continue to pray for you all

A sister in Christ, In Indiana PA

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Continuing to read your blog and pray for you and James!

6:57 PM  
Blogger Parmer Clan said...

God has already used Livi in so many people's lives and it is evident that your experience will be able to speak to other people. You show the love of Christ when you reach out to these families...for they know that you truly do know how they feel. Of course, we would all prefer Livi be down here for you to hold, but you hold her so close and tight when you reach out to others...as if Livi is reaching out her hand to these people who are mourning.
Im proud of you Emily. May God just continue to surround you with his love and peace.

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home