Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

My car and I are breaking up

This has nothing to do with the every day life of Alivia...well it sort of does...

My car and I are over. I'm ending the relationship now. We are so done. Okay so maybe I'm not ending it but I am tired of it breaking down. It was the greatest car on the planet for 3 glorious years. No maintenance needed. And then the year 2006 started and it has broken down 4, count 'em 4 times. It's not ever April yet.

Memo to my car...quit it. I have been nothing but nice to you. I haven't wrecked, I try not to speed, no red lights run, we wash you (sometimes) and vacuum you (infrequently), you never run out of gas, your oil gets changed every 3000 miles. So whats the deal? Knock it off. I am the biggest fan of you and would love to continue to drive around together. But not if you are going to be all huffy with me. I will let you sit in the driveway and not wash you and ignore you (until I have to go to the grocery store) if this is the way you are going to act.

I would much rather pay more in car payments and have a car that will do what it is supposed to do (ie drive around) than be on a first name basis with the Triple A guy. But that's not what we can afford right now. So I'm going to have a heart to heart with my car and see if he can understand me and we can get on the same page. Wish me luck.

2 Comments:

Blogger Briana Almengor said...

I'm sorry you're having such trouble w/ your car. At least, you're having a sense of humor about it (sometimes at least) :)
Bummed that I missed seeing you in Indiana.
We had a great visit w/ your folks. After the boys warmed up, they had a great time. I always say that when I'm at the Allens, "the world is all right." :)

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

EMILY AND JAMES
JACQUELINE AND I HAVE BEEN PRAYERFULLY THINKING OF YOU. I HAVE PASSED YOUR BLOG AND PRAYER NEEDS TO SOME OTHER FOLKS IN THE AREA WHO KNOW YOUR PARENTS. WE WILL CONTINUE TO STAND WITH YOU UNTIL THE STORM PASSES AND THE RAINBOW APPEARS.
LOVE AND PRAYERS BOB

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home