Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Another Monday

I called our nurse today (Pam- super nice women.) She is so helpful and quick to answer all my questions. She explained what night sweats (totally soaked through all pj's from head to toe)were and why we would be looking for them (signs of Hogkins disease) which was reassuring because I explained how Livi is and she said it sounded like normal baby sweat. I also asked about the gas and after we discussed it we figured out it was probably from too much dairy. I have stopped giving her whole milk and will start it again in small amounts next time. She is also going to talk to our doctor and find out what would be the reasons that he would admit us to the hospital again. That way I will know what he is looking for and be able to look for them also. That will help me to feel like I can do something between visits. And also plan a little better for each visit (to pack or not to pack that is the question)

Thanks for today...
I forgot to thank my aunt Lisa and Marmie for calling yesterday.
Yummy lasagna from Pauline Williams (and family)
A sweet card from Marmie
The goodie bag from Beth Chase. I am going to have the smoothest skin around. and the best breath. Thanks Beth.

I would love to have some thank you cards for the nurses on the 7th floor that I could drop off. I listed all of their names in a previous blog but you could also write a not to the 7th floor nurses or the West Wing Nurses or something along that line. Just brief notes that are signed your name and friend of Alivia Haughery. I am going to go up and drop off a note from me on Thursday so if anyone else sends messages by then I will drop them off. Otherwise try to get them to me by next Thursday. our mailing address is: 2768 Lititz Pike, Lancaster, PA 17601. It would be so amazing to shower them with thanks.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

emily -

thanks for continuing to update us on livi and your family!! i had some catching up to do since i've been away for a few days, but you guys were on my mind. i continue to pray that you would see God's will worked out in your family and that you would experience amazing peace. have a great day!!

lisa evans

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning emily-

"Your amazing grace is perfectly free
Day by day Your grace empowering me..."

God's grace continues to empower you for the day by day tasks and it empowers you to be thankful! what a witness you are!
enjoy this day-jamie

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey James, Emily and Alivia,
Just dropping a note to say you are all in our prayers. Your strength through all this is amazing. Your love for God is so evident. Keep your eyes on Him and he will continue to hold you up.
Remember God is always bigger than any obsticle. If there is anything we can do, feel free to call. We are keeping posted with Jamie.
Love you all,
Keith and Tracy

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,

Every mommy needs a little pampering. I hope you're geting some rest through the night and any tiny naps you can squeeze in!

We're always praying for you, and I love it when a lot of my friends are now referring to you as if they knew you and Livi, asking how things are going and how they can pray for you. :)

Love,
Beth

12:08 PM  
Blogger Beth Young said...

Hi! I'm Briana's friend Beth Young from Chesapeake. I wanted to send you guys a care package and want to know what exactly could bless you. Could you email me at: bethyoung26@yahoo.com ? If you just email me, I'll email you my questions so that you can answer them at your leisure with your preferences. THANKS AND ALWAYS PRAYING.

Love,

Beth

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will try to get some thank-you's to you for the nurses. Do they have a MySpace page...it would just be so much easier and it would continue to feed my addiction!!!!!!!! Hee..hee.
Praying for Thurs. Have tons of friends praying too.
Love, Les

8:07 PM  
Blogger Briana Almengor said...

Sent out a t-you today, but don't know if it'll get there for you to take by Thursday. Nevertheless, know that we'll be faithfully praying for you.

Pray for Judah if you get this message in time; he's got an EEG and neuro. eval. tomorrow at 11 a.m. Pray that he'll be still for the EEG and they'll get a good read from it. Pray that God will guide my time w/ our neurologist as well.
Thanks friend!

Love you much

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,we haven't forgotten about you! I totally understand the hair thing. Hope you have a good time. Isn't God good to bring Darcy back? Donna

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home