Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Fun times

We had a great time digging through peoples junk this morning. Hey their trash...our treasure. Suprisingly James (he who hates garage sales)got the most things. We also dropped by the Haughery's house to say hello. They were having a work day and chopping up some trees and throwing them in a chipper. James couldn't resist trying it out. (suprise suprise) We had a laugh on the way home. It took forever to get home because their was a parade so we had to zig-zag (or jig-jag as we were calling it) all over the place. WE saw some boy scouts (james asked if they were getting barit madges for crossing the road) then we all got silly and couldn't stop laughing. Meanwhile Alivia was fallng asleep. Sweet girl.

Tonight my parents are going to watch the girl and James and I are going to a friends for a cook out. Should be a barrel of laughs. We are definelty excited.

Many people have asked me what they can do to help and I can never think fast to give a good answer. Thankfully my friend Jamie is organizing my life for me. One of the things she is doing is organizing meals for 2 or 3 nights a week. I just can't seem to come up with meals right now. And cooking takes a bit of concentration and I just can't muster it. So if you are able or willing give Jamie a call to sign up for a day. That would be really helpful. Her number is 413- 2537. Just know if you call before 4pm she will be at work and you will have to leave a message. Thanks.

Thanks for today....cards from Kathy Kelley (my dad's boss), the Bowden Family (James' aunt, uncle and cousins), Paul and Cheryl West (James' uncle and aunt), Mary Ann Kisic (and cute stickers for Livi)

Also....4 cute books from Kathy Schloemer (my high school math teacher) I totally forgot to thank you earlier sorry about that, and cute hugging monkeys from My uncle Rob. Thanks everyone!

Above all thank God for another good day for Alivia. Each day is such a gift. I pray that they will continue to be good.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, Lancaster is different from Indiana, PA. Surprised. The men here either work with big machines, or rent them and then work with them. Yesterday friends of James' and Emilys' came with a "splitloader" and pulled out a tree trunk. Mind you this tree was in existence at the time the United States was discovered by Oscar de Gama, well, it was old.
At the Haughery's they were "chipping" up some brances and felling some trees...Bill Haughery was also "felled", he might be sore for sometime, and then grinding them up in a chipper that had 10,000 blades grinding simulataneously at the same time. They now have a pile of mulch which is visible from outer space. Set your GPS accordingly.
Livi seems good, she slept well, she pooped well, just a tad cranky. (I admit I am a tad cranky as well). She might be getting a tooth, what's my excuse. SIN by the buckets! Your prayers are your most precious gift...I will never say "I'll pray for you" lightly again. By the way, I think James is pretty funny, and he deserves a berit madge for "hanging in there". Gigi We return to Indiana tomorrow...

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really glad to hear you guys had some good laughs. Laughing is so much fun. I pray there will be many more times like that.
Job 8:21
21He will yet fill your mouth with laughter,
and your lips with shouting.

Speaking of renting equipment. Funny thing was Edwin went to rent a tiller to dig up our garden and who did he run in to but Bill & Cynthia who were renting some of that equipment your mom was talking about. Sound like it was a good day for some good ole work and laughter.

Still praying for each of you.
Carol

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys!!! I just wanted to say hi and let you guys know I'm always thinking about you!!! I'm glad to hear that Livi is still doing well. I was hoping Mike and I would be able to visit you guys on the way back from Delaware this weekend, but I don't think we will be able to fit it in the schedule. I have a package to send for Livi which I'll hopefully mail this week... but not the blanket yet... my knitting time has been cut short by various wedding things and work... but hopefully I'll be finishing up in the coming weeks!

Love times ten,
Sarah

8:07 PM  
Blogger beth said...

:) i'm glad to read this post and your post gigi... i'm sorry you have to leave, but i'll hopefully get to see you soon (cos i [and my female parental unit] have missed you. emily, sounds like a great time with that chipper... the real question is why didn't you join in on the fun and turn some sticks into mulch? i miss you a lot and hope to see you soon,
love you a ton,
beth

8:52 AM  
Blogger beth said...

just popping in to say hi and let you know i love you and am praying for you all.

i went outside today for like 10 minutes and got burned. i'm really cool.

i just realized how weird it sounds to say that i'm just "popping in" to your blog... that doesn't even make any sense...

but i still love you.

11:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that you could relax and laugh alittle. It is great to hear that Alivia is doing better. We will keep praying! God is so good.
Love Ya,
Keith and Tracy

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home