Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

T minus 20 hours till my mom and dad arrive. I am so excited.

I don't really hav any new things to say today. We are living each day, enjoying the amazing gift that is our daughter. She is so sweet and precious and I wouldn't trade her for anything.

She has established a new sleep pattern that is a bit on the crazy side. I think its because of being in the hospital and waking up with gas that one night. She goes to bed around 8:30 wakes up at 11:30 or 12 crying and doenst' want to be held but doesn't want to be put down. After a bit she calms and falls asleep but if I put her down she starts to cry again. Then around 1:30 she falls asleep and gets up around 6 for a bottle and sleeps till 9. I'm getting enough sleep but would love to sleep at night...Oh well. I love the moments we get when she is just falling back to sleep and she is so calm. She twirls my hair and it is so cute. I will gladly put up with the crying if I get that moment.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily, WOW what a great mom you are! Thank you for all the update's i really like reading and posting. i hope you have a great night. You James and Livi are in my thoughts and prayers. GOD bless

Love ya,
Christi Lynne

10:50 PM  
Blogger beth said...

i'm happy your mom and dad are coming.

you are a great momma. that's so sweet that she twirls your hair... i miss her! and you too.

love you,
beth

11:02 PM  
Blogger Briana Almengor said...

I had one of those sweet moments this morning around 4;20a.m. when Tucker needed some momma attention, too; although I don't have nearly the patience you do. I rocked him for about 5 minutes, enjoyed him cuddling w/ me as he seldom does that during the day and put him back to bed.

You're all in our thoughts and prayers. Ps. 86 would be a great one to read today or tomorrow!

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Emily!

It is always good to hear how you're doing! I check your blog every day, several times a day, and enjoy getting caught up on how you, Alivia, and James are doing. (your blog is the only one I check since I don't know of any others :). Numerous times, I have read and reread your posts and cried to God in prayer. Our God has proven to be very present!

I wanted to say how thrilled I am that you have not complained about these trials and circumstances. Maybe that has been a struggle for you, but (as far as I have seen) you have not had a heart that questions God and his sovereign will for your lives! Keep on focusing on Christ...this is a great testimony in your life!

I also wanted to share that Ken and I have been praying that you and James would be able to stay solid and close through this uncertain time. I see that you have such a strong relationship with James by the way you are walking this out! You have been a great wife through this time when your mothering requirements are so tremendous! This too is a great testimony! And, it is an example to me!

Thanks, and we continue to pray!
Anya Stoltzfus

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear emily,

thanks for keeping us posted on daily life and info updates.

abby and her bbs are staying at my house as jimmy is at the T4G conferance this week. to have her little 1yr old charlize at the house brings more of a reality of the smallness and sweetness of your alivia.
special times - special days.

praying for you today.
love ya, mrs. c

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,

I am so happy that your mama is coming! How blessed you are to have such wonderful parents.
I am so touched by your patience and your love for your little girl. In the midst of her crying and gas pains, you are finding precious moments to be joyful about. What a testimony of God's grace in your life. You and Livi are in my prayers and on my heart continually. Praying that you will continue to rest in His love for you and Alivia.

Love,
Tonya

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those little moments are priceless aren't they??? We are praying for today!

Love, Les

11:16 AM  
Blogger Beth Young said...

I want my babies to twirl my hair!!! What a wonderful mom you are to Alivia. She is very blessed to have you. Before time, God knew that you would have this baby and He picked you to Mommy her.

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home