Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Hershey Medical Day 1

This is going to be a really long, really hard road. We still dont' know what kind of leukemia it is. But her white blood cell count is 190 thousand...a normal adults is about 10 thousand. Not good to say the very very least. I am lost right now. I don't know what to do.

Currently they are trying to get an IV and a blood sample. But its not working. If it doesn't work soon then they will have to put in a central line (a big IV in her groin area) this will be pretty bad because the needle they have to use is about 2 times bigger than what would work for her little viens.

I want to scream, or cry, or run away. I'm not sure. But I know that God had this planned and isn't suprised by any of this. I just can't wrap my brain around it. It feels like a bad dream. Someday I will look back on all of this and see that it made us stronger as a family. But for now I am scared out of my mind. she's just so little.

Feel free to call us anytime...distractions are great. Our number is (717)531-4866 and cards or little toys would be wonderful too. We can't have any flowers/live plants because they breed bacteria.

Our address for now is
Alivia Haughery
Room 7266
Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
500 University Drive
Hershey, PA 17033

We will know tomorrow hopefully what kind it is. There are 3 possibilities A.L.L., A.M.L or J. A. M. L. We are hopeing for the ALL because it is the easiest to cure. It takes 2 years of treatment but most of it is out patient. The first 6 months are in and out of the hospital. AML takes 6-7 months over very intense treatment meaning we would be in the hospital almost the whole time. and the other one is super rare and really hard to treat and they didnt' even explain anything about it.

Right now we are just worried about the IV and hopeing not to get a central line.

thanks for all the offers of help and the prayers. Please continue. Thanks

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

James and Emily,

Please take comfort in the scriture that states: Eye has not seen, ear has not heard nor has it entered into the heart of man what God has prepared for those that love him. I was saddened and shocked to hear your news today. I was with Joe and Kelly at her parent's house for Bailey's 1st birthday party. We all stopped eating our cake and prayed for Alivia, and her parents! From this day forth the pace at which you were growing in God will only accelerate. Bekah and I were so sad, but confident that He who began a good work in all of you will complete it and keep you in his care. Our hearts go out to you, and we pray that your faith not fail, but rather grow stronger than ever. With love and prayers,
Marie Walker

1:30 AM  
Blogger Briana Almengor said...

I have not stopped thinking and praying for ya'll. Tears are streaming down my face even now as I can imagine what you're going through to some extent.

Thought of you when we sang this song at church this morning,
"Insults mock the Son of God
The angels are restrained
But all the cup must be endured
For sinners to be saved..."

The picture I had was the angels being restrained from showing any grace or mercy to Christ while He hung on the cross: utter abandonment is what He endured SO THAT the angels would be UNrestrained to show many, many comforts to you and James and Alivia, all poured out on you during this time from a Father who lives to be gracious to you.

Love you all!

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOU! Like Aslan said to Lucy "Every year you grow, you will find me bigger." May this help you see more accurately the Bigness of God your heavenly Father! Love ,Katherine

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,
You dont know me but I have been praying for you and James and Alivia. My brother Lyndon Sentz and sister-in-law Jamie had informed us of your situation and asked us to pray for you.
Two years ago we had a beautiful baby boy, Jeshua, who was born with many severe medical problems. He had a stroke and hemmoriage in utero and was born blind, partially deaf, with cerebral palsy, a heart condition etc. We had to spend his first few months in the hospital. He has had numerous operations and receives theraphy daily. I just wanted to encourage you that God is a God of miracles, and He does hear our prayers and cries along with us. God chose to answer some of our prayers, Jeshua's vision has been restored, he has most hearing and he just learned to walk,(something the doctors said would be impossible).He is an active two year old who loves to talk. God also chose in his wisdom not to answer some prayers in the way we would like but I can tell you with confidence that God is a God of peace and love during the worst circumstances.And learning to trust God whether he answers yes, no or wait is a continual process. And while He may choose to never heal Jeshua or your sweet little Alivia completely the way we would like he does have a wonderful plan for them and he loves them even more than we do (which is hard to imagine because I think a mothers love is pretty amazing)We,(My husband,Nate;daughter,Aurora;son,Jeshua and myself) will continue to lift you up to God and ask him for a miracle and for peace that passes understanding for you, James and Alivia.
Love in Jesus,
Carrie Matzdorff
Psalm 127:3 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 these verses have helped to remind me in the hospital and on a daily basis that our children are gifts to us from God and that I need to pray continually, and give thanks in all my circumstances,good or bad so that Gods glory may be shown

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home