Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Friday, May 05, 2006

Home Again

Thank God we are home again. Welcome to the roller coaster folks. Its up, its down, and loops ahead.

We actually had a pretty good time at the doctors. The nurse (Lois) was actually able to get Livi's blood pressure. No one has been able to get her calm enough to take it since we were in the hospital. So that was amazing. It wasn't very crowded. Dr. P looked at her and then called the pediatric dermatologist and she said yes she would come in and see it (it was her day off!) So we went and had lunch and then she came and meet us at the out patient clinic (where we go Thursdays). The dermatologist looked at it and was able to do a skin biopsy (removes a circle of skin and all the layers below it...so it looks like she has a little hole in her leg). They numb the area with cream (put on before we went to lunch) then give a local numbing injection (screaming from Alivia) and then do the biopsy. It only takes about 5 min and they said it will heal just like a chicken pox scab only a little faster. They put this foam in the hole so it won't seap. She said it wasn't an infection of the skin but rather a sign of the infection/disease within. So it is related. (not a drug reaction). We can give benadril if it seems itchy (which it doesnt' because babies if they are itchy will just go after whatever itches to get rid of the itch). And rub vasoline on it. Otherwise just continue on. We will definelty have a surgical consult next Wednesday and have surgery either Thurs, Fri or Mon. It will be out patient also. And they will do the liver, bone and lymph node biopsy.

I would love to get off of this ride. I would love to switch places with Alivia. I would love to be normal again. But what is normal anymore? I'm not sure I remember.

Thanks for praying and a HUGE thanks to Jamie for coming with me and keeping me calm today. It was an amazing blessing having you there. Thank you my sweet friend.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,
Each time He brings you through something, trust Him more. It is just a test of your faith. Just keep passing the test, honey! Next time, say "I WILL trust the Lord. He has brought me safe this far." I have found that when I keep doing that, and REFUSE to give in to the panic, life starts to calmn down. It's always a turning point.

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was praying for your little girl in church today.........esp. after reading your experience with rash and rush to Dr. So glad you are home together.

I notice Dick has Alivia's name taped to the outside of his Bible which he sits down with at the start of each new day.

We're so proud of you all hanging tough in such a diffucult situation. The Lord at work within you.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Beth Young said...

God Bless your family and little Alivia. I pray that she gets through this as quickly and as painfree as possible. I pray that you, Lord would deliver Alivia from any further illness, Lord and you would work a healing miracle in her life. You are the true healer Lord and you hear our cries. Be with Alivia and the family right now, comfort them and let them feel your peace.

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my, I am glad that this went "well"...and a true blood pressure reading! God will give us victory over the eosiniphils...I wonder if this word is in the national spelling bee? I misspell it everytime...gigi

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am thankful you are back home. i pray everyone sleeps well. i wil keep PRAYING for your family and for a miracle for Alivia!

love,
moriah freeman

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear emily,

thinking of you today.

may God's Grace and Strength be
with you today - continue to embrace in faith all He has for you in this season.

each day He has you exactally where
his sovereign plan is setting you.

be encouraged of His love for you.

i recieved this quote from a friend this week - so i am
sending the quote of corrie ten boom your way . . .
"Often I have heard people say, "How good God is! We prayed that it would not rain for our church picnic, and look at the lovely weather!'" Yes, God is good when He sends good weather. But God was also good when He allowed my sister, Betsie, to starve to death before my eyes in a German concentration camp. I remember one occasion when I was very discouraged there. Everything around us was dark, and there was darkness in my heart. I remember telling Betsie that I thought God had forgotten us. "No, Corrie," said Betsie, "He has not forgotten us. Remember His Word: 'For as the heavens are high above the earth, so great is His steadfast love toward those who fear Him.'" Corrie concludes, "There is an ocean of God's love available - there is plenty for everyone. May God grant you never to doubt that victorious love - whatever the circumstances." - corrie ten boom

praying for you - mrs.c

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Emily,
My name is Linda Stewart. I am a teacher at Horace Mann and have known your family a number of years. You probably remember my daughter Katrina. The most important adjective describing me right now is grandma. We have an 8 1/2 month old grandson Dominic. The sun rises and sets with this little guy as does for your parents with Alivia. I have followed your roller coaster ride these past weeks with tears and prayers for you and your family's continued strength each day as you face the unknown of Alivia's health. Know of my and my family's continued prayers. God certainly does wonderful things. His strength will help you through these trying days. As I awake each morning I thank the Lord for another day and the strenght to live each minute as only He would want. As I read your daily postings I feel you are doing the same. You are an amazing young woman who shows in your writings your deep faith. Continue to lean on Him and allow him to carry your burdens as you love your husband, Alvia, your family and your life. Thank you for sharing your life with us. Linda Stewart

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home