Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Blessings

So many people have blessed us in so many ways during this time. I am overwhelmed. Tonight the men from our care group came over and did yard work for us. When I say yard work I mean they pretty much made our yard look better than it ever has. I can't even believe all they got done. It such a blessing. Thanks Greg, Zach, Nathaniel, James W., Lyndon, Ken, Keith, Scott, Dwayne and Corey. Also, Jamie and Tina came and spent time with me tonight. Thanks girls I love it. And Owen hung out with Alivia. Kathy made brownies for tonight, pecan pie for James and egg strata for later. Such good food. Can't believe she can get all this done with two small kids running around. You are my wonder women Kathy.

Lots of people have responded that they are reading this and that is such an encouragment to me. Its much easier to write when you know who is reading. So thanks for that little blessing. We also got cards from Laura Irvin (teacher from Indiana, PA), Linda Cherieleison (school counselor from Indiana, PA)and a one from The Prayer Fellowship of Grace United Methodist Church of Indiana, PA...My parents home town is showering us with so much love and prayers right now. It means so much.

Tomorrow is our doctors visit for this week. I am nervous but also getting used to these visits. Her rash is still there and in fact has gotten worse on her legs. So we will have to get that checked out. I am praying it is just a reaction to the medicine she is taking. Also we are praying that doesn't take as long for this appointment. Last time we had a 10 am appointment and didn't see the doc till 1:30.. this week our appointment is at 10:30. Hopefully it won't be even later because she will be an absolute mess from lack of sleep by that time. Poor kid can't take naps when we are there. But that makes sense.. I would have a hard time napping there too. Also we are praying for a good nights sleep since last Wednesday was such a rough night. Mostly we are praying for a miracle.

I'm going to sleep now. Again thank you for all the support and love you are pouring on us. We are blessed.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We arrived in the midst of all the yard work...amazing, these men had already put in 8 - 10 hours at their "regular" jobs, and then came to do additional physical labor. Yes, the yard looks beautiful, but Christ shining through these mens' lives is even more beautiful. Looking forward to a good report tomorrow, Lord willing. Gigi

10:42 PM  
Blogger Adalie Plain said...

Hi Emily,

I think Adalie has already left a comment for you, but I thought I'd let you know that I've been reading your blog too, here and there, as much as I can. I am happy to be able to "see" so intimately what you are going through and then when we pray, we know what's going on. You have a way of putting things that both amuses me and endears me to you. My heart goes out to you. I love seeing your unabandoned love for Alivia and James... and others! Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Love, Gina Plain

8:26 AM  
Blogger beth said...

i am glad to hear all the wonderful things people are doing to care for you... it's comforting to hear that. and really great, like you said gretchen, to see the beauty of Christ shining thru it all.
you are prolly at the doctor as i type this... so i am praying for you. i love you all so much,
beth

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,
We have been reading your blog daily and praying for all of you also. What a wonderful mother you are to Alivia! Thanks for keeping all of us up to date on how to pray for Alivia and you.
Love,
Mike, Sue, Kiera and Chris Minich

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Praying for today, that all goes well. Still praying for the miracle too!!! Fortunately, we have a God who is in the business of miracles! Yeah!

Love, Les

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home