Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Been a few days

Took a few days off from writing.

Tomorrow is Alivia's surgery to put in her port. I'm relieved that she won't have to get stuck anymore and that we got to pick the type of port. We picked the mediport which is under the skin. Each time we go to the doctor we will put a little numbing cream over it and she won't even feel the stick. The other kind (broviac) just seemed way to much. She wouldnt have been able to take bathes (only sponge bathes) or swim, we would have had to change the dressings all the time (especially cause she gets so sweaty) and how do you tell Alivia, let alone all the other kids, not to touch the tubes hanging out of her body. We truly feel that this is the best for Alivia. So tomorrow around 2 she will be in her surgery. It is supposed to take about an hour. We have to arrive at 9:30 so she can get platelettes. It will be a long day, made longer by the no food rule. Alivia can't eat food after midnight and no formula after 8am. Hopefully there will be enough going on that she won't realize how long its been since she's eaten. My dad will be with me all day and James will come to the hospital around noon. Pray for us and for my mom who has to work and can't be here. She has the hardest role tomorrow...that of waiting for news.


Thursday was a good day as we send...but I got a reality check. That was the hardest part of the day. We saw a family who was in the hospital with us when we started the chemo. Their little boy (who is 3) had just been diagnosed with ALL. They were definetly in shock. When you are diagnosed things happen so fast. Their little boy was an extremely active, talkative, happy 3 yr old. So we saw them on Thursday and I was shocked. I would never have recognized him. He lost all of his hair and has gained 8 pounds in 2 weeks from the steroids. He was crying the entire time they were there and just miserable. I got to see what I've been praying for. I often find myself asking that Alivia's leukemia would turn into ALL (one of the possibilities) because it was the "easy" kind. I had no idea how sick she would get if she had that kind or how fast it would happen. I guess I thought it would be, well, easy. Obviously not. Now I'm just praying for a miracle.

Thanks to the Hughes for their generous gift. We are so blessed.

Pray for...
...surgery (good results, easy recover..etc)
...her teeth (she's gotten 6 in 3 weeks and is probably working on at least 3 more)
...peace for all of us.
...some sleep tonight. On average she is getting up 4-8 times a night. It is so hard for me to keep it all going on that little sleep.

6 Comments:

Blogger beth said...

thinking of you and praying for you all. i love you,
beth

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you guys, and that the surgery goes well. I pray that the treatment is going well. I am praying for a miracle for that sweet little girl, that I laid my eyes on on Sunday, and the first thing that caim to my mind was, "SHE IS SO CUTE"!!!!!!!!! You have a cute little girl who is being raised by two wonderful people, and one day livi will thank you for all the things you did for her during this rough journey. I am praying for you and james every day, because i can't imagine how hard it is to watch your precious girl go through all this, but just remeber to ask God for help. I am praying every day!

love,
moriah

6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been keeping up with reading your blog and I can't even fathom what you are going through. I just want to share a scripture God brought to my mind when I was facing some trials in my life. 1 Peter verse 6 and 7 In this you greatly rejoice though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith of greater worth then gold which perishes even though refined by fire may be proved genuine and may result in praise glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. We will be praying for you and your family that God will give you peace, faith, wisdom and of course sleep. It is so hard to deal with everyday life with lack of sleep let alone what you are going through. So we will be praying for all your needs to be met and especially a miracle.

8:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily-
I am praying that everyone in your household would find rest tonight & that His mercies would be new for you tomorrow morning.

Livi- I loved playing with you at church today & I especially LOVED your dress! =)))) You looked beautiful in it!

We'll be in touch about tomorrow night.

Love you guys-

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am praying that your sleep will be sufficient to get you all through the day. The office will probably be trashed...talk bout poor concentration. BUt in God we can all do this. Though I don't want the port, never did, I know it will be best for her in the long run. Dad has some surprises for her to keep her entertained. I hope for peace for all of us...I am just glad Dad coould go. Thanks, Dave. I love you. Aaron is taking good care of me and got me Meadows. However, he brought back $10 less change than he should have. He and Jimmy just want back to straighten out the error. But it was good, fat free or sugar free. Love you all, miss you alll. God bless you all!

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,
My goodness, Alivia's getting a lot of teeth all at once! It has to stop at some point, right? Too bad it has to be now. Missed your blog while in Colorado. People there are praying and I gave them your URL so they can keep updated. Will be praying tomorrow. Alivia is getting her prayer bath every day. Aunt Cheryl

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home