Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Back Again!?

It's Thursday, which means back to Hershey for our weekly check. I would rather skip it but its important and hey we haven't been there in sooooo long. Yeah right. I admit I'm nervous they will admit us again.. not because she doing poorly but because thats what happened the last time we went for a check-up and because we made plans for this weekend. It seems like if we have a completely open schedule nothing happens but if we have fun things planned...

They sent Alivia home with a bunch of new medicines. Some just for weekends and some for every 8 hours. And one Steriod. Let me just tell you it makes her eat. I mean eat like crazy. I can barely keep up with her. Its insane. Overnight last night she woke up and ate a total of 24 oz of formula!! This from a girl who would maybe eat 15 oz in a 24 hour period. I just keep thinking there can't be any more room in there and she squeezes more food in. I won't be suprised if she gained back all the weight she lost in the hospital. That would be great and would make all the getting up at night worth it. I don't pick her up at night for the bottle because of all the tubes from the oxygen machine and the pulse ox machine. So I end up standing beside her bed holding the bottle so she won't wake up too much. That way she goes back to sleep after the bottle. I think she ate at least every 2 hours last night and she didn't go to be till 11:15. Needless to say I'm a bit tired.

Please pray for our friend C.B. who is taking his 3rd test (not sure of the name of it) towards becoming a doctor. *he's going to laugh at me when he reads how I described it....stop laughing you!

Please pray that Alivia's counts are good, that she doesn't need blood and that we get to come home. Thanks

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Emily, we got the bracelets this week! Thanks! It was so cool to look over at Josh yesterday during dinner and see him wearing it. Thanks so much! Glad to hear you're back home. I put a link to your blog on my blog...hope that's ok! We're praying...Natalie West

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying. 24 oz.! Wow!

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home