Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

few more days

we will be here at least a few more days. i am truly struggling with it. i know it is the best for her but at the same time I think being home and able to play in different rooms and even able to go places seems like it would be even better for her. Last night her oxygen levels dropped again..but not as far. They don't want to send us home on oxygen. At this point I think it wouldn't be a big deal to be at home with a little bit of oxygen. I can watch a monitor at home as well as I can here. We are desperately trying to get permission to take Livi out of her room. I'm not sure they will let us. but in the intermediate unit she shared a room with someone so how is her walking down the hall any worse?

My dream was to not bge in the hospital at all till the transplant but here we are on day 9 and no idea when exactly we'll get to go home. This is just a tiny glimpse of the 6 weeks for transplant. I am dreading it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Vicki said...

Emily, I am so sorry this is so difficult. I can't imagine what this trial must be like. If someone would have told you a year ago what you would be doing today you would have said you wouldn't be able to do it, but here you are, the Lord has given you strength. He will give you strength to get through today. You will make it. He will sustain you. Don't look at tomorrow, just today. You can get through today.

You are doing so well and bringing such glory to God. I pray that He will give you rest and peace. I pray that He gives you strength to press on, and surrounds you with friends and family to help you persevere. But most of all, I pray that He heals your precious Livi. You are not alone. You have an army going before the throne, lifting Livi up in prayer, asking our Father to heal her.

When you are weary, rest, we will keep praying.
Vicki G.

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you. Remember that in tribulation our character is built! Your character will definitely be infinitely changed by this experience. I am sure that it will glorify our Father in heaven who loves you so much and works all things for your good!
Love you much!
Les

1:52 PM  
Blogger Briana Almengor said...

Oh friend, I am sorry you have had to be there enduring this along with Livi and your family for so much longer than any of you anticipated. I pray this is not trite comfort, but try to remember that God has ordained your days; the fact that you are all still in the hospital is not a surprise to Him. We will be praying for you all to be able to return home promptly but trusting that GOd knows best and in His love and mercy is allowing these unpreferred circumstances. I'm praying, too, that God will supply laughter and even light-heartedness somehow to all of you in the middle of all this.

love you much, friend!

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pampers codes:

DXDTK9TWMXRWN34
DXDTKCHFN9CGXH9

4:18 PM  
Blogger beth said...

emily i'm praying.
praying He will give you "grace for each moment"

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,

This is random, but I thought it might help with the monotonous and long days at the hospital...You mentioned once that you liked getting your hair cut (doesn't every woman like being fussed over a bit?) Well, when I worked in assisted living, there were manicurists and massage therapists that traveled to hospitals, senior high rises, etc. Might there be anything like that available to you? Just a thought for something that might be an hour of pampering for you now that Livi is doing so much better most of the time. You certainly deserve a little TLC!

Thanks for keeping everyone posted on the life of your family...I feel very privileged to "see" into your life during this time.

~krissy evans

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home