Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Grandpa's Girl

Some kids are daddy's girl, some mommy's...but for the last day and a half Livi got to be Grandpa's girl. And she loved every second of it. Yesterday, shortly after Alivia cut her lip, I called my dad and through tears told him what had happened. He (being the best dad every) jumped in his car and headed to Lancaster. I didn't have to ask, he just knew that I needed my daddy. Livi and I both took a nap when we got home and it saw great to wake up from the nap and see my two favorite men in the whole world (James and my dad). It was such a blessing that he came because James and I both came down with the stomach flu overnight. Because he was here James got to go to bed at 8:30 and I layed on the couch and watched Livi and Grandpa play. He is one of Alivia's most favorite people. You can tell by the way her face lights up when she sees him, or the way she let him hold her in the middle of the night (when I was sick), or the way she couldnt' get enough of him this morning when he let me sleep in. I came downstair and she was laughing and having a great time with Grandpa. My dad is amazing. He is one of the most kind, compassionate and wise people I know. If you see him thank him for me (he's going to deny that he was doing anything special...but he was!) Daddy---I love you so much. I couldn't have gotten through last night without your help. Thanks for coming here and taking care of us.





Please pray that my dad doesn't get sick. Also please pray that the swelling in Alivia's lip goes down. It doesn't seem to bother her much but we need to see how it looks when the swelling is down. It seems like one of the stitches might have come out and we need to decide whether or not to take her back to the hospital tomorrow to get it checked.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Emily -
It seems that every little kid has to scare his or her parents half to death with a cut lip, but I know none of you needed this complication. This was one way no one needed Alivia to be typical! I am so glad your dad ran to your rescue in the midst of all this craziness. Stomach flu too - oh, no! I am still praying for all of you. May God bless -
Cathy S.

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be praying for your dad to avoid the flu and for livi's lip to go down. I am glad he was able to come and help out. what a blessing it must be to have your dad their. I pray that you and james will start feeling better soon. I am praying!!!!
Moriah

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so right, as your Dad was leaving on Monday I said to him..."youre the best". He just said..."what are you talking about" or something else. As he says their is nowhere he wanted to be. When he gets off the exit of 283 (Landisville?) he will call, and say "I am so lucky I am on Livi's road". And since we are singing his praises...he is also the best husband. He has cared for and been an example to me for 35 years...gosh, he must be tired! So hip hip horray for Dave...God has blessed our lives with him in more ways than we can really express. Love, Mom & Gretchen
P.S. Can't wait to see you all and Andrew (happy birthday on the 13th) this weekend. Once again, we will have a "Livi fest"!

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home